Talk

Advanced search

LAMDA?

(3 Posts)
morethanpotatoprints Sat 20-Oct-12 22:24:37

Just wondered if anybody had any experience. I have looked on the website but its a bit Double Dutch to me (apologies to the Dutch).
I was thinking of some speech lessons for dd as I think she would really benefit, but not sure which line to go down as there seems to be several styles.
Any info at all will help!

LondonGhostInChainWrackedBoots Sun 21-Oct-12 19:15:20

I had LAMDA Speech and Drama lessons from 11 - 15 (at school) and it was really good - helps get over teenage nerves and improves presentation and reading skills, and was very fun. I read a lot of different styles of poetry etc which I may not have otherwise, and was encouraged to write and read my own too.

I think the ones I had were just 'Speech and Drama', which was mainly prepared reading pieces, sight reading and basic 'imbibing pieces with tone and feeling' kind of things. I went solo, which was definitely the right choice for me, I was too shy to have participated or enjoyed them if it was a group lesson (which were also on offer), but it raised my confidence so that I could happily present to a group, if I learnt it! It also helps drive home the point of 'being prepared' too.

She also cured me of saying 'like' in every sentence which I think my dad thought alone made them worthwhile.

I would recommend highly!

morethanpotatoprints Mon 22-Oct-12 10:47:32

Thank you London.

I have reread the website and thought about some lessons for dd and also think the solo is a good idea. With her she has some speech problems and also has a strong accent I would like to go. She sings and performs alot and I know with better diction it would help her singing voice too.
Do you know if this is suitable in her circumstance.
I am going to ask advice from a teacher but wanted a few more facts in case I end up with one who just wants to take the money.
Thanks for your reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now