Talk

Advanced search

Free Educational resources - advice

(3 Posts)
MissLolita Fri 05-Oct-12 09:25:22

Hi,
I'm hoping some of you lovely people may be able to help me with some research I'm doing.

In my spare time (when I'm not doing my day job or being a mummy) I help with my local NCT newsletter and write articles, although I am not a journalist, I just quite enjoy writing.

I am thinking about a piece around 'learning together' and wanted to cover everything from choosing topics to learn about, free educational resources that parents and children can use to learn together (libraries and local museums and the Internet) and tips for making learning together fun.

I find home educating fascinating as it gives you flexibility in how you can bring things to life and I was hoping you may be able to give me some pointers for my article. Actually, I think calling it 'my article' makes it sound a lot grander than it is....

All help is very much appreciated!

I'll cross post this post in a couple of other places too.

Thank you in advance x

SDeuchars Fri 05-Oct-12 12:44:52

MissLolita, that list of topics is extremely rather broad! How long is your article? IME, you don't have to make learning together fun, it just is fun. You'd be more likely to get answers if you asked specific questions.

catnipkitty Fri 05-Oct-12 15:58:02

I agree - I find if you inject some enthusiasm into learning together and if you're interested in something yourself it tends to be infectious. Children have a natural desire to learn and make sense of the world around them (until their curiosity is beaten into submission by the state eduaction system...)- the beauty of HEd is that you have the time to spend together, to learn together, to live oife together and follow the children's interests.
From the point of view of resources...library, charity shops, museums, the internet and nature are the main things we use. Oh and suitable tv progs (eg David Attenborough).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now