Talk

Advanced search

Kids' Lit Quiz (cross-posted)

(1 Post)
Saracen Thu 27-Sep-12 01:03:51

Calling all bookworms in Years 6, 7, or 8! You can enter a home ed team in this prestigious international literature quiz.
http://www.kidslitquiz.com/

At your regional heat, your team of four will compete against schools from throughout the region. The winning team from each regional heat will go on to the UK final on 6 December in Coventry. The winning UK team then goes through to the world final in the summer – we don't know yet whether that will be in New Zealand, the UK, South Africa, Canada, the USA, China or Australia.

All participants must be in school years 6, 7, or 8. There is no flexibility about ages. Organising a team is easy. Entering costs £45 per team.

If you are keen to swot up, the online practice papers at the KLQ website should give you an idea what sort of knowledge is needed. To see what the regional heat is actually like, search for videos on YouTube.

I have just registered a local team for the Oxon/Berks heat for the third year running. We found the competition really exciting in previous years. It was a great day out for competitors and spectators. We're looking forward to entering again.

Feel free to message me and I may be able to give you some useful advice about entering.

Sara

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now