Talk

Advanced search

Home Ed in Bournemouth/Christchurch

(8 Posts)
Jojomojojo Thu 13-Sep-12 10:50:26

Hi we have a 6 yr old son we are home schooling and wondered if there are any others out there in our area that would like to meet up - the support groups around here are fab, but he doesn't really do groups and we find they are a bit out of our area and a long way to go if he isn't going to enjoy them, so we thought we'd start an informal meet up nearer our way to see if he enjoys that more. We're in Southbourne. Would love to hear from you. Jo.x

MoreCatsThanKids Fri 14-Sep-12 02:40:08

Hi - having difficulty posting -written two posts already. Will get back to you tomorrow - we are in Bmth area but DD is 13.

Will find spme links for tpmorrow and get back - which groups have you been to?

Jojomojojo Fri 14-Sep-12 09:07:37

We've been to HERA and the one in Throop, the others are further out - admittedly we haven't been for a while as this year has been taken up with other things, we'd just like a more local meet up at the park/play cafe/wherever. x

dilligaf Fri 21-Sep-12 17:03:06

Hi more cats. I am seriously considering HE for my 13 year old son as he is miserable at school.In the New Forest at the moment but may move back into Bourmouth if we take the plunge. How do you find teaching a 13 yr old? Are there groups etc for that age and what are you doing about GCSES? Any advice would be good.

dilligaf Sun 23-Sep-12 18:24:25

bump

MoreCatsThanKids Mon 24-Sep-12 01:44:13

Hi - sorry dont get on here much now - im afraid im new to home ed so cant be a lot of help - there is a group in Poole called HERA which we have joined - they have a web site you should find on google. They also have a Face Book group. There is also a face book group called Home educators in Bournemouth and Poole (i think) and also Home Educators in Dorset. If you are on Face Book your best bet is to join the Mumsnet FB group and ask your question there. It has much more 'traffic'

There is a yahoo group about Exams - im sorry i cant link to anything on this iPod - it is worth joining face book if you arent already on there as there are a lot of Home Ed groups, most of which are closed so a 'safe' place to talk.

Sorry not much hekp to either of you - hope you find the FB group smile

dilligaf Mon 24-Sep-12 08:02:26

Thans

aladetteinsane Sun 21-Oct-12 17:31:23

Hi. I'm in Bournemouth and am home educating my ds who is 13. A few of us meet up regularly in and around Bournemouth, you are welcome to come along, we have young children come too smile please feel free to pm me for more info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now