Talk

Advanced search

Cheap HE kids' camp

(1 Post)
Saracen Sun 16-Oct-11 08:40:45

Forwarded with permission.

In case you find it hard to get the gist of the message at first (I did!), the general idea is this:

JCA runs holiday activity camps for children to attend without their parents. Lizzie is an HE parent who negotiated quite a cheap home ed rate for a last-minute deal in August. There was a good response from HE parents, which has encouraged JCA to offer a similar deal again for next week. Ring them if you want to take it up.

She hopes that an enthusiastic response will prompt the company to repeat the offer in future. So even if you can't do it next week, it could be good to ring them to say you are interested for another time.

Sara

Forwarded message follows:
--------------------------------

Hi folks,

Have been negiotiating with JCA over the last few weeks after their offer in the summer.

I have secured a home ed only week (M to F) during half term. Strange timing I know but it seems the rest of the time they are full of school children!

I hope they are deluged with calls again, as last time they were really impressed with the speed at which home ed families got the word out!! I hope this will grow to be an annual thing for a larger number of children but obviously it is dependant on them getting a good response from our community.

I have no personal connection with JCA apart from sending two of my children (10 and 15 yob's) on their courses in the summer. They both had an amazing time and would be quite happy to live there! Have also spoken to two of their friends (9 yog and 11 yob) who also went and would agree that it was great.

From a parental point of view I was really impressed with both their instructors and the fact that each group had a mentor. They were really good with nervous children and got everyone gelling very quickly. The same mentors and instructors stayed with them all week. The facilities are really good both inside and out and Condover Hall itself has a real 'wow' factor.

Please distribute this message to any home ed groups or lists as I need JCA's offer to get out there asap,

Bws,

Lizzie

-Original Message-
To: hickton8 <hickton8@...>
Sent: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:47
Subject: Home Ed Camp

Hi Lizzie

Further to our earlier telephone conversation I can confirm that we can offer the Home Ed Camp for the October half term week Monday 24th October – Friday 28th October). Details as follows:

October Half Term Camp exclusive to Home Educated children (please note that there may be other children onsite)
Centre: Condover Hall, Nr Shrewsbury, Shropshire (www.jca-adventure.co.uk/activity-centres/condover-hall)
Dates & Timings: Monday 24th October (10am) – Friday 28th October (4pm)
Price: £129 including VAT
What’s included?: Full board residential accommodation, all activities, insurance.
Instructor ratio: 1:6
Room requests: Room requests may be submitted, but are not guaranteed.

Places are extremely limited – just 36 spaces available, call 02392 222394 quoting ‘Home Ed Camp’ to book! Payment via debit or credit card (2.5% surcharge for credit card).

Look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards

Nicky Foot
Sales Manager - JCA

The Port House
Port Solent
Portsmouth, PO6 4TH

nicky.foot@...
www.jca-adventure.co.uk www.condoverhall.com

Travel Class Limited trading as JCA, part of The TUI Travel PLC Group of Companies. Registered Office: TUI Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL. Registered in England & Wales No:

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now