Talk

Advanced search

Please help, we have to teach our 10 year old at home for 2 weeks while he waits to start a new school.

(7 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Fri 14-Oct-11 12:52:55

What books, etc do I need to get to do this please as we have never had to do this before? TIA.

MrsCog Fri 14-Oct-11 12:55:42

Surely for two weeks you could just focus on an interesting project that covers something your DC might not do at school - something they are really interested in. They can practice english through the writing up, researching, reading etc. For Maths you could get a practice at home style book from a book shop for the right age range.

TheOriginalFAB Fri 14-Oct-11 12:58:07

Good ideas, thank you.

Jamillalliamilli Fri 14-Oct-11 13:25:23

14 days? I'd not be teaching him, just take him out to museums galleries etc put interesting stuff in his way, and let him enjoy the break.

Saracen Fri 14-Oct-11 16:12:56

What the others said! Two weeks is a very short time. Take advantage of the opportunity to relax or visit somewhere interesting which you wouldn't normally have time for.

AMumInScotland Fri 14-Oct-11 16:22:43

You really don't need to focus on teaching him anything for 2 weeks, its not like he'll forget any skills he's already got in that timeframe, or have time to pick up anything that significant. And I can't imagine that anyone is going to come along and ask you to justify what you've been doing, when its so temporary.

So think of something interesting and/or useful for him to do - teach him to cook, or tidy the garden, or take him to the library and let him pick up a pile of books.

TheOriginalFAB Fri 14-Oct-11 17:35:57

Okay. I think we will concentrate on doing some hand writing as that could improve and let him do some cooking and making things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now