Talk

Advanced search

Should've done this years ago!!

(6 Posts)
catnipkitty Thu 13-Oct-11 10:51:01

Amazed that my girls are so different after only 4 days of HEd smile They are happy, bubbly, enjoying life! Just shows how exhausted, stressed and unhappy they were at school. Am feeling rather emotional about it all (in a good way!). So pleased we made The Leap.

Now to persuade DD1 (she's wavering!) wink

toddlerama Thu 13-Oct-11 10:52:39

Don't try to persuade her. Just let her see how much fun her sisters are having. It's a no-brainer if she doesn't like school, and if she does, why pull her out?

Mine have never been to school. Sometimes I think I should send them for a term so they might show some gratitude.... wink

toddlerama Thu 13-Oct-11 10:53:17

Congratulations on taking the leap by the way. Takes some courage to break the mould, but your children will thank you for it. smile

Jamillalliamilli Thu 13-Oct-11 12:59:44

It's a lovely feeling, enjoy it. smile
Agree with Toddlerama, don't seek to persuade her, let her follow what's right for her, whatever that is. smile

catnipkitty Thu 13-Oct-11 13:32:40

Don't worry, am keeping my mouth firmly shut re DD1's choice of school vs HE, and keeping opinions to myself (tho that's not easy as I don't think her school is that good)!! She can see what her sisters have been up to with me and I know she is considering the options, but I have told her it's her choice.

(Part of me wonders whether it is just her choice, as I can see there are things not very good about her school and I can see how tired and grumpy she is, tho she says she likes being there sometimes and likes her friends. Should we be being more proactive about it and making The Decision for her at 7yrs old??? confused)

Saracen Fri 14-Oct-11 08:23:14

Wow, fantastic result!! That is wonderful.

I agree with everyone else. Your eldest dd is very likely to want to try HE before long, and it will be much better if it is her decision.

If she was having a big crisis, or if she was very deeply unhappy, then it might make sense to step in and insist she tries HE for a while. Because you're right, she is a child and sometimes parents have to make decisions which are in their children's best interests even if the children don't agree.

But I really don't think it will come to that. Give it some time. If school is making her tired and grumpy and she sees her sisters feeling relaxed and having fun at home, she'll come round of her own accord!

If she mentions the subject, you could ask if she wants to try HE for a term or two and reassure her that she can return to school later if she wants. (If her school has places in her year group. Otherwise there is a risk of not getting back into the same school.) Knowing she can change her mind might make it easier for her to jump ship sooner rather than later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now