Advanced search

Home School Qualifications

(6 Posts)
ihatecbeebies Wed 07-Sep-11 17:53:17

What qualifications or training do you need to get first before you can home school your child?

FionaJNicholson Wed 07-Sep-11 17:57:19

Which country are you talking about? In England parents don't need academic qualifications or teaching qualifications.

ihatecbeebies Thu 08-Sep-11 11:03:17

Scotland, is it just the same here?

julienoshoes Thu 08-Sep-11 11:15:21

It is. In the UK you don't need any qualifications to home educate your children.

The website for home educators in Scotland is Schoolhouse I strongly recommend you have a look at their website.

I've just bumped a thread about deregistration from schools in Scotland, if you need it.

AMumInScotland Thu 08-Sep-11 20:03:26

Its definitely the same up here - you don't need any qualifications or training. The main difference is that if you want to take your child out of a state school to HE them, you usually have to ask for permission - the Schoolhouse website will explain the kinds of things you'll need to tell the council about how you plan to provide the education if you're in that situation. But none of it needs you to have any kind of qualifications.

ihatecbeebies Fri 09-Sep-11 12:56:13

Thanks everyone smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: