Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a copy of the national curriculum? (Primary)

(7 Posts)
organiccarrotcake Mon 29-Aug-11 09:21:04

DS is just going into Y2 so I'm looking at what covers, say, Y2, 3 and 4. If we end up HSing I feel that knowing what's on the NC would at least give me a starting place - as much as anything to be able to show ex-h that I was making sure that DS was "learning" at least as much as he'd learn in school.

I understand how HE differs and it's not as simple as this, and the NC will essentially cause more problems than it solves, but in our situation (DS being the product of divorced parents with an unsupportive ex, although fortunately a wonderful and fully supportive step-dad) we don't have the flexibility that we'll have with DS2, who is fully "ours".

Marjoriew Mon 29-Aug-11 09:51:28

You can download the Primary Curriculum on the QCA homepage. I can't do links, but I got the Secondary Curriculum there.

organiccarrotcake Mon 29-Aug-11 17:38:49

Thanks smile

LauraIngallsWilder Mon 29-Aug-11 19:31:52

I have a copy of the 1996? NC which is out of date obviously but I like having a paper copy. As the current NC is quite old anyway (I think?) and mega expensive (£25???) to buy I bought a 1996 one from Amazon for a few pounds.
I dont refer to it that often but its useful to have.

Donki Mon 29-Aug-11 19:40:22

curriculum.qcda.gov.uk/key-stages-1-and-2/subjects/index.aspx

Betelguese Tue 30-Aug-11 13:23:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Betelguese Tue 30-Aug-11 13:27:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now