Talk

Advanced search

What do I do?

(6 Posts)
MandJane Thu 25-Aug-11 13:36:06

Theo (6) joined in school for the last 8 weeks of summer term, before that he was home edded. Dh wanted him to go to make friends as we live in a little village and the nearest home edders are 45 mins away. Now my little boy is VERY upset at the thought of going back he is pleading with me to be home edded again, how he loved it and how he wants to be with me. I find it hard to send him to school as i guess I don't believe in my heart it is the best thing. But I don't know how to convince dh that it will be okay, I guess I worry about friends too as all the friendships in the village are based around the school.

LaLaLaLayla Thu 25-Aug-11 13:40:21

I was in a similar position with my 6 year old a few weeks ago. He has been HS'd using the K12 system and it was going brilliantly. Then our government effectively outlawed HS and we had to very quickly find a school place and gear our son up for going to school.

He was very upset as he, too, loves being at home with me. It was quite difficult but it is key that you are upbeat and excited about the school. Now our son is quite looking forward to it.

Very few children look forward to going back after the summer break. Just be positive, that's all you can do.

ZZZenAgain Thu 25-Aug-11 13:40:41

did anything happen at the school to upset him so much? It may have been quite difficult just comingi n at the end of the term when friendships are made and so on. Perhaps he could try another term and decide at the end of that one if it isn't working out for him/you?

ZZZenAgain Thu 25-Aug-11 13:41:13

where are you layla?

LaLaLaLayla Thu 25-Aug-11 13:43:49

Dubai.

MandJane Thu 25-Aug-11 13:46:28

He went in Foundation for a term a few years back but got so upset every day I dropped him off so I took him out at Christmas. He knows most of the kids in the class. He just is a mummy's boy and a homebody, very sensitive and quiet. I think he doesn't like the bustle of the school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now