Talk

Advanced search

Going back to school, I'm having the wobbles

(5 Posts)
IslaValargeone Mon 15-Aug-11 17:40:59

We have been HE for a year. It was never meant to be long term. We are shortly moving house and dc will be starting school again October ish we think.
She is looking forward to it, but when looking at uniforms today, I got the wobbles big time and couldn't buy one, I had to make some daft excuse about leaving it until another time.
Maybe the home edding board is not the place to come when I need someone to tell me going back to school will be fine, but I think this is going to be harder than when she started reception.

catnipkitty Mon 15-Aug-11 18:05:11

Sorry i can't offer you any words of wisdom, but I have the wobbles every time they go back to school after a school holiday. This summer holiday is proving the worst yet as I've enjoyed their company so much. Will you have the opportunity to HE again in the future if school doesn't work out?

IslaValargeone Mon 15-Aug-11 20:39:35

I think we might if things don't go to plan, although I have no reason to think that she won't be happy once she is there.
My stomach just churned today, I don't know what happened, but I was very lip trembly looking at school cardigan, I really must get a grip.

Saracen Mon 15-Aug-11 23:09:19

(Hugs) It is hard, it will be a big change for you as well as for your daughter. Do you have things to do while she is at school? If not, maybe you'd better find something to keep you quite busy for a while until you've got used to spending so much time away from her.

Good luck!

musicposy Wed 17-Aug-11 17:41:37

If she's looking forward to it I'm sure it will be fine. smile

You might need to plan what you will do, though. When my DD2 started school I was distraught (she was a young summer birthday and nowhere near ready - nor was I!). I got a little extra job working on an embroidery machine a few hours a week. It was minimum wage so the money was nothing given the short hours (particularly compared to my music teaching) but I needed something uncomplicated and stress free to take me out of the house in the day. It was a lifesaver.

Both are now home ed, but DD1 is going into Year 11 and wants to go away to dance school next year, so I will be wobbling too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: