Talk

Advanced search

Stop frame animation camera to use with Mac

(5 Posts)
issynoko Sat 23-Jul-11 12:29:34

Have posted in products too but wondered if anyone has one of these to use at home? Want to get one for Ds's birthday. He will be 6 so not too complicated but something more useful than a bright bit of Disney plastic. He wants to make stop frame animations with his Lego etc - already spends a lot of time doing it with my camera but that's not up to the job. Teachers at school mentioned a Digi blue camera they use in Yr3. Needs to be Mac compatible. Any ideas?

Takver Sat 23-Jul-11 17:27:07

DD has a little webcam thingy that does stop-motion animation & def. works with our (elderly) macs. Will ask dh where he got it from - I know it didn't cost much.

issynoko Sat 23-Jul-11 19:42:48

Thanks - that would be great.

Takver Sun 24-Jul-11 10:32:17

It is this one. It works well for dd because the base is a clip, so she can clip it onto her anglepoise lamp frame to get the right angles for her shots, and also it has a cable with a button on it to take the snapshots, so there's less risk of it moving. Assume you already have software, but we've got Boinx iStopmotion which seems to do the business.

Joanna27 Fri 23-Sep-11 12:06:50

You are probably sorted now but I found the camera from Hue Animation really good. You can bend it and move it around to where you want to be, and it looks quite fun too. I bought it with the software in one complete kit but you can buy the camera by itself for fairly cheap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now