Talk

Advanced search

Schofield and Sims resources

(6 Posts)
IslaValargeone Thu 21-Jul-11 13:01:00

Does anyone use these books and if so do you rate them. Please tell me yes as I have just ordered £40 worth grin

stressedHEmum Thu 21-Jul-11 13:19:32

I have some of the learning workbooks (How to write fiction/poetry, grammar, spelling things like that.) Kids enjoy them and they help reinforce stuff. I'm quite happy with them as an additional resource.

Tinuviel Thu 21-Jul-11 13:20:20

Great for nursery and key stage 1. Some of the key stage 2 books are OK - we use the problem solving ones. Haven't bought any for a while (other than problem solving) as we use other resources now but they were great in the early days. (Mine aren't little any more!)

streakybacon Fri 22-Jul-11 07:09:46

We tried them for a while but ds wasn't keen - they were visually too bland for him as he prefers a lot going on, but content wise they were fine.

Just used the Mental Maths series for KS2/3 as quick-thinking practice ahead of IGCSE exam. They were good because they fitted in with ds's expectations.

Overall he prefers CGP for the humour grin.

Lexiejack Fri 22-Jul-11 21:43:16

I just ordered one of the nursery ones for DS. I love a good workbook!!

Jesusgirl Fri 12-Aug-11 22:13:48

I use the mental arithmetics for ds. We both really like it. Each lesson actually covers a lot so it's quite good.

I recently had a look at the preschool one and I'm going to get it for dd when she's a bit older.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now