Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Resources and Useful Websites

(13 Posts)
JazminKennedy Fri 15-Jul-11 22:15:11

Hiya, i thought it'd be good idea to have a thread where homeschoolers can share their resources and any useful websites they may have used or hope to use in the future.

My kids and I will be working on Volcanoes in Autumn so i recently bought this fab model for my sons b'day: www.yellowmoon.org.uk/product-Erupting-Volcano-Model-n366.htm

We do lots of lapbooking and get a lot of my resources from here: www.homeschoolshare.com/

I have a word document with tons of websites that i have used and hope to use, if anybody would like that then plz message me, its my bible!grin

For those newbies who ask about planning, i am happy to share my annual plans and topic planners that you can adapt smile

Has anybody got any resources for Ancient Egypt, we are hoping to do that topic next year x

Lexiejack Sun 17-Jul-11 10:41:00

Muddle puddle is quite handy!

Scout19075 Sun 17-Jul-11 15:06:50

ToddlerScout is just 20 months but I'm always on the look out for new, creative ways to play & craft. grin I like the look of Nature Detectives and have used (in my teaching life) and continue to use The Mailbox and Making Friends for crafty ideas.

Jazmin, for lapbooking, what do you use as the base of the book? After looking at the site you linked I'm a bit confused -- is it just a file folder? TS likes matching his puzzle pieces to his puzzles (even if he can't aways get the piece in the hole) so thought a couple of lapbooks with matching would be better than puzzles for a long-haul flight at the end of the year.

Marjoriew Sun 17-Jul-11 15:35:01

www.tutpup.com free website for Maths, Spelling.

www.arcademicskillbuiders.com also free.

LaLaLayla Sun 17-Jul-11 15:41:34

Www.superteacherworksheets.com

JazminKennedy Mon 18-Jul-11 02:41:40

I use a type of folder that is made of card and staple as many as i need to make the book. I also fold plain a4 card and stick it on some of the pages for extra space. Have a look at my group: https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=164014243270

TOMOLBEN Mon 18-Jul-11 12:27:47

Hi there,

I am going to home educate my DS2 starting in september. I would be very interested in any information you have and are happy to share. I am still quite new to mumsnet and cant see how to private message you. xx

JazminKennedy Mon 18-Jul-11 21:57:36

Hiya, i've had quite a lot of interest in my planning, i will email you them as well. I am also fairly new, so let me see if i can pm you! lol

TOMOLBEN Tue 19-Jul-11 10:53:49

Thank you. I have replied to your PM. xxx

fairychronicle Tue 19-Jul-11 21:54:06

Hi Jazmin I would be interested in your planning when you have a moment please. If you can't pm me my email address is natdotlawrenceatntlworlddotcom Thanks.

JazminKennedy Wed 20-Jul-11 01:32:07

Hiya, i have emailed everyone x

lin12 Wed 20-Jul-11 12:38:37

Hi Jazmin. I am about to start home educating my DD in September and would be interested in your planning and websites please. smile

Thank you

JazminKennedy Wed 20-Jul-11 15:26:15

Hiya, how old is your DD and can you pm your email plz? Thanx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now