Talk

Advanced search

How quickly can I make it happen?

(8 Posts)
Chundle Tue 05-Jul-11 18:44:43

ok I'll keep it brief. Dd has ADHD and in terrible school. Due to start fab school in sept. She's having major problems at current school (mainly with a teacher picking on her relentlessly) and as a result of this awful school year bow has very low self esteem. She's in year 2 and is gradually going downhill with regards to her depressive state.
I want to take her out of school NOW. Not sure doc will sign her off. Can I tell school I'm deregistering her an homeschooling for last 3 weeks of the term?? Then she will start new school in sept. Or is there mountains of forms to complete and red tape to go through?? I just need to know the process really.
Thanks in advance x

UsingMainlySpoons Tue 05-Jul-11 18:51:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UsingMainlySpoons Tue 05-Jul-11 18:53:06

Chundle Tue 05-Jul-11 18:53:47

Fab thank you - yes I'm in England.

FionaJNicholson Tue 05-Jul-11 19:10:12

this is just ordinary state school, not special school?

I've got a page on my website about deregistering child from school

edyourself.org/articles/deregistration.php

7Seas Tue 05-Jul-11 19:13:55

write your letter this evening. Take it to the school first thing in the monring, without your child and it is all over smile

UsingMainlySpoons Tue 05-Jul-11 19:14:46

julienoshoes Tue 05-Jul-11 20:48:36

Ten years ago, I found out about home education on a Friday night (after a disasterous day in school for my ds) I just knew I had found the answer!
Dh and I talked about it overnight, asked the children the next day, and the deregistration letter went in on the Monday morning.

We have never looked back, we've had such a happy life since then.

and when the LA contacted us telling us they would be doing a home visit, I said "Thanks for the offer, but we don't want one. We'll send a written report instead"

and so we did. The children's wishes were respected and they never met another official of the LA again, until they each in turn chose to start at an FE college.

I wish you such a hassle and red tape free home ed journey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now