Talk

Advanced search

Anyone in Cambridge?

(8 Posts)
homeedmam11 Mon 27-Jun-11 13:48:35

Hi,

We would like to meet others doing home ed' in or around cambridge. If anyone would like to get in touch, please do. Our kids are 8 yrs and 18 mths.smile

Thanks

throckenholt Mon 27-Jun-11 13:56:46

there is a yahoo group that covers HE in Cambs (together with Norfolk Suffolk and Essex I think) - they have meet ups in Ely - is that too far for you ?

I think it is East-Anglian-Home-Ed-Network

homeedmam11 Mon 27-Jun-11 14:01:46

Hi thanks, yeah we do recieve their regular emails.smile

FionaJNicholson Mon 27-Jun-11 19:20:22

Hi

There seems to be lots going on in Cambridge. Karen Rodgers puts a list together.

www.cambridgeshire.net/organisation/cambridge-home-educating-community/29595.aspx

via

edyourself.org/groups/

homeedmam11 Wed 29-Jun-11 09:15:28

Thanks Fiona.smile

FionaJNicholson Wed 29-Jun-11 09:32:15

I could be wrong but I got the impression that Cambridge was as busy as here in Sheffield or in Brighton for home ed events. People have to keep checking the calendar to make sure they haven't double-booked. It's a bit wasted on us as my Theo is not exactly averse to people but I wouldn't say he appreciates people for themselves, they basically exist in order to listen to his monologues or to admire his banjo playing...and grown ups are mostly better for this than children!

EauRouge Sun 03-Jul-11 22:49:12

I know a group closer to Huntingdon if that's any good for you.

homeedmam11 Wed 06-Jul-11 12:59:10

Hi Eaurouge

Yes, any info at all is useful.smile
Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now