Talk

Advanced search

10 years on and a virtual party......

(3 Posts)
julienoshoes Fri 14-Jan-11 21:15:11

It's exactly 10 years tomorrow since we found out about home education and deregistered our three children.

It's the very best thing I have ever done in my life.
Two of my children tell me they would have killed themselves if they had stayed in school.
The other agrees she was headed for trouble.

Now I have three of the happiest young people in my life. One at Uni and two at FE college, and doing damn well.

I have a wonderful relationship with all three.
All fully intend to autonomously home ed their own children-so I must have got something right!

I think this calls for a (virtual) party!
Thank you to all of the autonomous home educators out there, who held my hand when I needed it, and listened to my panics and patiently gave me the best advice, to keep on listening to my children, that they would show me the way.

Thank you!
Crack open the Cherry B (and the real ale for me) and have a drink and join me celebrating 10 years of freedom and enjoyment of life!

Saracen Sat 15-Jan-11 00:19:22

Congratulations Julie!! I am thrilled for you and have just gone to have a hot chocolate to celebrate your ten years.

It is wonderful that your family has been so well-served by home education. I've been very happy that you have the time and generosity to pass on the help that others gave you, by giving so much help and reassurance (not to mention inspiration!) to others in turn. You are worth your weight in gold.

mummyloveslucy Sat 15-Jan-11 18:20:57

Aww, congratulations!! smile That sounds fantastic. I'm new to home ed, but loving every minute. I feel like I have my old daughter back. I hope that we'll have a long and happy home ed life too.
It's lovely to hear such positive storys. It makes me realise I'm doing the right thing. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: