Talk

Advanced search

One HE, One in school and One baby?? Do-able?

(6 Posts)
Snozcumber Sat 01-Jan-11 21:56:23

Hi was just wondering about your opinions of this scenario. I have two DD's both with Aspergers syndrome.

The eldest finds school a real struggle, becomes really difficult during term time but is an absolute delight during holidays and weekends. A very bright child and eager to learn, so I don't envisage a problem with her learning continuing if she was home schooled.

The second loves school and craves the structure and discipline of a rigid environment. The space provided from her siblings, she is currently thriving and would be desperately unhappy if home schooled.

I also have a DS who is 2 and obviously brings his own set of needs to the mix.

Does anyone currently have just 1 of their children HE or just 1 in school and does it work or are they constantly reminded of what they are missing.

Thanks for you time
snoz x

milou2 Sun 02-Jan-11 18:11:31

I have one is school and one home ed. Both are glad that the other is happy. Each is happy with how things are for them.

milou2 Sun 02-Jan-11 18:12:01

'in' school!

mumof4darlings Sun 02-Jan-11 19:13:30

hi, i have 2 in school and 2 out and mine are also happy with it like this. The 2 at school love the structure school provides, whereas the other two like to learn and follow their own interests.
Its definately do-able!

Charlottejbt Mon 03-Jan-11 00:30:05

Last year I also had one ot of school(9) one in school (5) and a baby. I now have all three out of school, but the decision was mostly made because the school was on the other side of town and we don't have a car, which meant a total of two hours every day just walking to and fro from the school! I think if it hadn't been such a logistical nightmare she'd have stayed in school, and I know at least two home- educating families who have one child at school and one out, quite successfully. Hope this helps.

Snozcumber Mon 03-Jan-11 17:00:26

Thanks for your replies, they are certainly very helpful and reassuring. We have been toying with the idea of home-schooling my eldest for a while now. Am going to see the fabulous and supportive headteacher this week and see what he says about trialling her out of school for the rest of this year.

Its a small village school so should be no problem with her place or anything like that.
Thanks for the support, I might be coming to you again in the near future for more advice grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: