Talk

Advanced search

Are there good free online courses for adults?

(9 Posts)
Octavia09 Wed 20-Oct-10 12:17:17

I have heard of vision2learn only. Is there anything else?

whomovedmychocolate Thu 21-Oct-10 07:19:03

What are you trying to learn? Microsoft has free online training in all it's software if you google?

Octavia09 Thu 21-Oct-10 09:32:23

I have not worked for more than four years. I would love to find a job now. Although I do not like PAs or anythingg administrative I would consider it but for this I need to improve my administrative skills. vision2learn has lots of nice courses but they never respond. I have read about them on Dooyoo and their reputation is poor. I will have a look at the Microsoft, many thanks.

maverick Sat 23-Oct-10 15:45:42

Have a look at www.khanacademy.org/
-videos covering maths, chemistry, biology, bit of history, finance...

Octavia09 Thu 28-Oct-10 10:42:20

Thanks! I will have a look at it.

louandcupoftea Thu 28-Oct-10 11:10:49

have a look at the Open University-open learn. They are free and are parts of their paid courses. There are all sorts of subjects and an on-line community so you can talk to others doing the course.

Octavia09 Fri 29-Oct-10 17:25:59

louandcupoftea, thank you. I like it. I remember MIT used to do the same but for me Open University is more suitable as I am in the UK. Will check what I need and print it. Have not studies for a long time.

toniarchie Thu 20-Oct-16 20:00:02

hello i have done nothing with my life and what to make a change as iv always relied on a man and im fed up with it im bored and want to do it by my self im trying to find a job or learn or do some online course but i have failed to fine any for free as i have no money can anyone help me xxxxxx

Hulababy Thu 20-Oct-16 20:01:51

I do short courses via FutureLearn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now