Advanced search


(6 Posts)
ThursdayAfterNext Thu 20-Aug-20 22:26:06

I'm fed up with washing up and want to get a dishwasher. This probably sounds like a dumb question, but how do I go about this? Do I need to get someone (a carpenter?) to remove a cupboard to make space for it? Do I need to get a plumber to update the pipeworks? Or is there a chain/service that does everything (arrives, takes out cupboard, updates plumbing, plumbs in dishwasher, takes the old cupboard bits away)? Who would do this? An appliance place like curry's or a kitchen place like Wickes? Can't afford to get the whole kitchen done, but no idea where to start!

Anyone done this? And if so, roughly how much did it cost for cupboard adaptation/appliance installation?

I've never had a dishwasher so completely clueless on this so thanks in advance for any info.

OP’s posts: |
ThursdayAfterNext Fri 21-Aug-20 09:20:45


OP’s posts: |
nannymags Fri 21-Aug-20 09:34:46

I don’t know! When I had mine there was a cupboard next to under the sink cupboard I think might have plumbing ready to install and the builders ordered a dishwasher cover in the same material as my units.

I would go into curry’s or John Lewis and ask if you don’t get any joy here x

LatteLover12 Fri 21-Aug-20 10:00:56

It's best if you can use the cupboard under the draining board part of the sink as the water supply/drain is already there.

You can get fixings yourself but if you're not DIY minded a company like will fit it for you.

You will need to measure the space you have (you can get slimline dishwashers) and possibly ask a local handyman to help reconfigure the cupboard.

Sounds like a faff but totally worth it!

goingtotown Sat 22-Aug-20 09:27:04

Kitchen fitter.

PontiacBandit Sat 22-Aug-20 09:32:35

In your scenario, I would pull off the kickboard and take off the cupboard door and pay AO £15 to fit.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in