Talk

Advanced search

Which colour laminate?

(8 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Mon 27-Jul-20 19:06:15

Choice between the two. It’s for the kitchen & hallway. You can see the kitchen worktop on one of the pics & the kitchen cupboards are cream gloss. I initially like the browner shade whilst DH prefers the redder shade but I think it may look too red especially when the lights are on. Although in saying that I’ve seen a pic where it does look nice although it’s not exactly the same flooring. Preferences?

OP’s posts: |
JaJaDingDong Mon 27-Jul-20 19:11:58

The redder shade.

dollypops15 Mon 27-Jul-20 19:47:30

I think the darker one

Morechocmorechoc Mon 27-Jul-20 22:07:53

We have similar to the one on the right of the first pic, love it. Not keen on the redder, bit old fashioned imo

Mummyshark2018 Mon 27-Jul-20 22:31:22

The one on the right (non shiny finish), the red one looks mahogany colour which is quite old fashioned these days.

youvegottobekidding Mon 27-Jul-20 22:33:11

Okay so after a lot of thought (and thanks for your opinions!) we’ve decided on the redder one, it’s actually not that red when looking in natural light as eventually we’ll probably get the lounge done eventually and it doesn’t look reddish at all! Although looking at these pics online of it does I suppose. The other pic is kind of what we were aiming for or something similar.

OP’s posts: |
Thisismytimetoshine Mon 27-Jul-20 22:34:56

Don't know about mahogany being old fashioned (is it really?), but I prefer the darker one on the right.
Wood doesn't date, does it? confused

Thisismytimetoshine Mon 27-Jul-20 22:36:35

The colour in that last picture looks lovely, op. Good for you for not following stupid trends wink

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in