Talk

Advanced search

Comfy slouchy armchair

(12 Posts)
ProseccoSupernova Mon 06-Jul-20 20:13:29

Looking for a really comfy reading/armchair for new home office. Budget up to £500 so sadly places like loaf are out. Any recommendations? Colour scheme not sorted yet so open to ideas!

OP’s posts: |
YippieKayakOtherBuckets Tue 07-Jul-20 13:44:40

Trade Secret and Direct Furniture both pick up quite a lot of Loaf seconds and cancelled orders - you might find that they have something within your budget.

TheFairyCaravan Tue 07-Jul-20 13:55:08

This Ikea chair is so comfy. We've got 2, with the footstools. I spend hours in it reading or crocheting

GrimDamnFanjo Tue 07-Jul-20 16:32:40

We've got the ikea armchair above. It is v good! Great price too. Ours is in yellow though- not a wise choice for keeping clean!

Africa2go Tue 07-Jul-20 17:16:27

Have a look on Etsy, some gorgeous chairs.

KateCantab Tue 07-Jul-20 19:38:24

I also recommend the Ikea chair. We have one in our study with the matching footstool. Very comfortable and good choice of fabrics. Sophie on Gogglebox sits on the yellow version. It’s flat pack but simple to assemble (apparently).

ProseccoSupernova Tue 07-Jul-20 20:03:00

Thanks all! I do like the look of the ikea one, will try and go and test one out! Is it nice and squidgy rather than firm?! Have also signed up to the Trade Secret site, not heard of them before so thank you!

Puppylucky Tue 07-Jul-20 20:12:21

I second the trade secret site. I got a mahoosive John Lewis love seat for £600.Now my favourite seat in the house 😁

KateCantab Wed 08-Jul-20 16:35:49

The Ikea chair isn’t slouchy, but it’s very comfortable as it has a slight recline and being high backed wing style I find it easy to relax. It works well with the footstool.
I also like the look of the Stoksund (sp) chair, which definitely looks slouchy.

QuentinQuarantino Wed 08-Jul-20 16:44:15

Totally different in style to the IKEA chair (which really doesn't look that comfy to me!) but I bought this from DFS last year and it's huge and ridiculously comfy, like sitting in a big fluffy pillowy cloud.

ProseccoSupernova Wed 08-Jul-20 18:20:29

KateCantab

The Ikea chair isn’t slouchy, but it’s very comfortable as it has a slight recline and being high backed wing style I find it easy to relax. It works well with the footstool.
I also like the look of the Stoksund (sp) chair, which definitely looks slouchy.

Yes I thought the stoksund one looks slouched... quite similar to the dfs one in the above post! Thanks both!

GrimDamnFanjo Thu 09-Jul-20 01:02:54

Does anyone have the Stocksund chair in the checks? Just wondering what the colours are?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in