Talk

Advanced search

Can't decide on how to decorate living room

(5 Posts)
Toilenstripes Sat 04-Jul-20 21:29:08

You might try googling ‘mixing interiors styles’ or something along those lines.

Karcheer Sat 04-Jul-20 12:15:11

Paint it in timeless, that’ll coordinate with your white and won’t offend any potential buyers.

Bluntness100 Sat 04-Jul-20 08:52:24

Is it currently really bad? Why are you redecorating if your planning to move in a few months? Surely you’d just be doing it up to sell?

DarlingCoffee Sat 04-Jul-20 08:46:10

I think if you are going to sell so soon I would hold off as your style might not appeal to prospective buyers. Wait for your next home, or perhaps just splurge on a few smaller pieces which you can take with you.

Sammysamsa Sat 04-Jul-20 06:16:21

Hi

Problem 1 cannot decide on a style for living room.

What I have done so far
i tried Pinterest and browsing sites like Apartment Therapy.

Styles i like
I love Art Deco with decadent gold accents and richly coloured velvet sofas AND all white minimalist style with some black/grey and natural wood.

Context
i live in a 1930s house in the suburbs.
My bedroom is minimalist all white and i love the tranquility. Bathroom and kitchen modern, light coloured.

Would it look ridiculous if the living room doesn't match in style to the rest of the house?

Problem 2 We are hoping to sell in 6 to 12 months depending on what happens with the market, so I don't want to put off buyers or spend too much on furniture that might not fit/suit the next home.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in