Talk

Advanced search

Bedroom furniture - paint or replace?

(6 Posts)
flirtygirl Wed 24-Jun-20 10:43:31

If your furniture is wood then just repaint in a fresh coat of white. The white looks nice against the wall colour.

TattiePants Wed 24-Jun-20 10:20:47

Thanks @CountFosco, it's from West Elm but I've since spotted one in Matalan that's practically the same for quarter of the price!

I think I'll repaint the current radiator the same colour as the walls until we get round to replacing it. The drawers are solid wood and still in good condition, just a few paint chips so should last a few more years. They could be brought back to life with a fresh coat of paint but I'm still undecided on the colour.

OP’s posts: |
pumpkinpie01 Wed 24-Jun-20 07:25:34

I would paint the radiator a similar colour to the wall otherwise with it being white it looks like a feature when a radiator really shouldn't be. If the furniture is good quality and is solid I would paint it. If you don't feel confident doing it it might be worth getting a quote for a professional. I'm having some furniture painted by a woman that's just set up in business she is charging £80 for the chest of drawers and £25 for bedside cabinets so loads cheaper than buying new.

CountFosco Wed 24-Jun-20 07:14:31

Love your ceiling light!

13 years isn't that old for furniture, I suppose it depends on their quality, are they solid wood and well built? Then repaint, you could either do white again or paint them to match the walls or paint one a disrupter colour, maybe a strong pink or a mint green?

I don't like the white radiator against the dark wall, paint to match the walls or go with the darker coloured radiators you have elsewhere.

Sarah5674 Wed 24-Jun-20 06:44:55

I think white would look perfect. Yet, if you want to change the look of your room, you can try out rustic shades that will make the room look completely different. But than, you will have to quite change the colors of your walls too. You can look into it whatever suits best to you.

TattiePants Thu 18-Jun-20 20:42:29

The bedroom was still being decorated the day of lockdown so I’m doing everything back to front. The bedside cabinets and two chest of drawers are off-white and after 13 years are looking pretty grubby. I’ve found bedside cabinets in a similar wood to the dressing table but don’t know what to do about the drawer units. I could paint them but what colour? If I replace them I still don’t know what colour to buy.

Also, I’m planning on changing the radiator to one like I have in the hall. I want a neutral colour that will go with future colour schemes so do I stick with white or the browny/bronze colour I have elsewhere, or something else?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in