Advanced search

What is this piece of furniture?

(16 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 07-Jun-20 19:22:47

We have always called it 'the butler' but googling that tells me we were wrong

Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Cornishmumofone Sun 07-Jun-20 19:26:22

Can you share a picture showing the whole thing?

KatyMac Sun 07-Jun-20 19:29:33

No sorry it's not in the house with me and I am on lockdown miles away

The third picture is the best I guess - close to a console table but with storage

OP’s posts: |
Zaphodsotherhead Sun 07-Jun-20 19:36:40

Is it a card table? Or a games table?

With storage for backgammon pieces or bridge score cards?

Windyatthebeach Sun 07-Jun-20 19:37:08

Sideboard. Is the green tray for cutlery?

Clevs Sun 07-Jun-20 19:37:36

Cutlery storage?

DramaAlpaca Sun 07-Jun-20 19:39:09

Those green parts look like cutlery trays to me, so a sideboard.

HouseOfEdwards Sun 07-Jun-20 19:40:22

Yes, for your fancy cutlery.

KatyMac Sun 07-Jun-20 19:41:53

Yes they are cutlery trays

It sits against the wall and the lid lifts, with trays 3 deep

It's quite neat and a bit delicate

OP’s posts: |
longwayoff Sun 07-Jun-20 19:46:45

It's a regency? cutlery store/chest but someone's apparently pinched your family silver. Raise the alarm!

KatyMac Sun 07-Jun-20 19:51:00

Haha it hasn't had original cutlery for generations (not since before my grandma so that would be early 1900)

OP’s posts: |
glitterbiscuits Sun 07-Jun-20 20:12:34


They stored cutlery but were usually a bit more fancy.

PastMyBestBeforeDate Sun 07-Jun-20 20:14:44

Is it a canteen? You used to describe big cutlery sets as canteens.

Gingernaut Sun 07-Jun-20 20:18:44

It looks like a canteen side table

KatyMac Sun 07-Jun-20 20:19:44

found one

Thanks guys - I can sell it now

OP’s posts: |
KatyMac Sun 07-Jun-20 20:22:28

Snap @Gingernaut

Thanks everyone

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in