Talk

Advanced search

What colour paint in the ensuite?

(26 Posts)
happytodayhappytomorrow Thu 30-Jan-20 21:11:12

We've put down wood effect ceramic tiles on the floor and white rectangular matt tiles inside the shower and half way up around the rest of the room (ie behind the toilet and sink). It's a small ensuite with a window.

What colour paint would you put on the top half of the room?

We did have grey-ish tiles before and highlighted with brown and lime green (sounds awful now I'm saying but it looked nice, honestly smile)

So far I've picked out marine blue colours, some dark and some more turquoise but I'm totally lacking in the confidence to make a choice.

I've got pieces of painted cardboard on the walls etc - they all look good but there isn't one that's jumping out at me.

How do I decide?

OP’s posts: |
AnneKipanki Thu 30-Jan-20 21:41:24

Any pics ?

happytodayhappytomorrow Fri 31-Jan-20 11:17:32

can you see enough from these?

happytodayhappytomorrow Fri 31-Jan-20 11:17:59

that didn't work then blush

happytodayhappytomorrow Fri 31-Jan-20 11:19:53

Mamia15 Fri 31-Jan-20 12:00:33

Lovely floor and suite - I would be wary of using dark colours in a small room where you need to see in the mirror properly. I would go neutral - perhaps a warm white? And then buy towels etc in your favourite colours

AnneKipanki Fri 31-Jan-20 12:29:13

I agree with Mamia , keep it neutral and add splashes of colour with towels and accessories.

Layoverlife Fri 31-Jan-20 12:31:11

I also agree with the above posters
Lovely bathroom by the way smile

Henlie Fri 31-Jan-20 12:33:35

There’s a F&B paint colour called Joa’s White......I think it would tie in nicely with your decor.

happytodayhappytomorrow Fri 31-Jan-20 13:45:05

thank you all very much indeed. I really appreciate it.

WheresMyChocolate Fri 31-Jan-20 13:47:22

I'd go for burnt orange.

AnneKipanki Fri 31-Jan-20 14:23:02

Originally I said neutral walls but if you do feel that is a bit bland then yellow ochre walls , white towels .

If going for neutral walls go for orange towels ;

happytodayhappytomorrow Fri 31-Jan-20 15:21:34

We have orange in our kitchen which I love.
I'm not a great sleeper though and as this is the last room that I go in before heading to bed, I'd like to keep it less stimulating.

RuggyPeg Fri 31-Jan-20 15:30:22

Something similar to the plaster that's already there. So a classy subtle olive green kinda hue, from Little Greene.

AnneKipanki Fri 31-Jan-20 15:36:02

Pale green is supposed to be relaxing .

minipie Fri 31-Jan-20 21:33:33

I agree a rich olive green would look lovely.

Hague Blue would also work well although less relaxing than green.

GemmeFatale Sat 01-Feb-20 00:57:10

I’ve seen a plaster effect with metallics in it. That sounds horrible but it looked great.

Uncooperativefingers Sat 01-Feb-20 01:08:12

Do you do your makeup or anything requiring good light in there?

If so, keep it lighter and more neutral to avoid casting colours etc onto your face. Ie a dark olive green or orange will change how your skin looks in the mirror

Notthebloodygym Sat 01-Feb-20 11:02:24

Neutral. Jobs white would work, or Dimity. Or any of those brown based whites which Dulux do eg nutmeg or almond white. Or actually even plain old off white.

Bluesheep8 Sun 02-Feb-20 08:50:28

I think a pale silvery sagey green

Bluesheep8 Sun 02-Feb-20 09:05:42

I love your floor by the way

happytodayhappytomorrow Sun 02-Feb-20 18:35:43

Thank you for the posts and comments and ideas. I love the Hague Blue!!!
I don't do make up in there although there will be a mirror over the sink.
I think the blue is going to win; it was my original choice.And one of my sample pots is very very similar to the Hague colour.
I'm off to do any sample sheet grin

AnneKipanki Mon 03-Feb-20 08:23:00

I have seen The Hague Blue in a windowless bathroom. It is very rich and luxurious.

Reginabambina Mon 03-Feb-20 08:25:43

I would aim for a warmer tone to avoid clashing with the tiles. Consider something like sage or stone.

Henlie Mon 03-Feb-20 10:30:51

Our family bathroom in our previous house was Hague Blue. It was very nice....although you did need to put the lights on no matter what time of day you were in there 😂

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in