Talk

Advanced search

Bay Window Blinds/Curtains - on budget??

(5 Posts)
Blossom4538 Sat 11-Jan-20 09:24:01

Hi all,

We are moving to a property with leaded bay windows. I’m thinking roman blinds perhaps (I guess three) or curtains - swaying towards blinds.

In our current house we have used Hillary’s for wooden Venetians in most windows. Quite pricey - this time we need to buy and put up blinds as cheaply as possible, with a decent finish!

Any recommendations pls?! Where to buy? Will three blinds look ok do you think? It’s a dark room so need as much light as possible.

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
BF888 Sat 11-Jan-20 21:20:48

To be honest roman blinds for a bay window can work out similar price for curtains for a bay by the time you’ve got pole/track etc. I use a lot of roman blinds in my designs and I love the finish they give. What budget do you have for them? I have a seamstress to make mine For my clients and sometimes it’s not as expensive as you’d think. There are some websites that offer the same fabrics I use which are great quality branded fabrics. Feel free to PM if you need more tailored advice with fabric choices etc.

TiddleTaddleTat Sat 11-Jan-20 23:44:16

Our solution to this was to make our own curtains with curtain tape and use a curtain track. Total cost approx £200-250 per bay window. Considering that this included voiles in the living room and interlined curtains in the bedroom, this was much much less than would have cost for readymade or made to measure.
If you can borrow a sewing machine you'll save a bomb by making them yourselves.

Blossom4538 Sun 12-Jan-20 10:56:36

Thank you both.

I think there will be a curtain track already in place and leaving curtains for us. But I think I am swaying towards roman blinds. Do these look nice in a bay?
Thanks BF888, I may be contacting you!

OP’s posts: |
theweebleshavelanded Sun 12-Jan-20 20:43:24

we had the bay curtain track fitted £100. then bought the curtains off amazon £50!

we took down the original manky blinds previous owners left. urrghh they were dirty! you can`t clean a blind...can curtains!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in