Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a greeny/grey paint help going a bit bonkers.

(39 Posts)
dontcallmelen Wed 16-Oct-19 19:07:09

Hello, can anyone recommend a greeny/grey paint that’s not really dark I like mizzle but not in love with F&B, am a bit nervous about colour matching in Johnson’s. Has anyone got any recommendations of other brands & colours am going slightly boss eyed & have eleventy million tester pots still can’t really find ‘The’ colour.
Help

OP’s posts: |
goldpendant Wed 16-Oct-19 22:44:11

Pigeon is awesome, a really neutral green/grey. It's on the darker side but looks gorgeous and luxurious where we've used it in a whole room.

Johnstone's are great, quality and colour match very good

PammieDooveOrangeJoof Wed 16-Oct-19 22:47:00

We have dulux dusted moss three which is more on the grey side but a green tinge in the light

snowplop Wed 16-Oct-19 22:59:17

Valspar's Snow on the Pines is similar to Mizzle. I've just tested both and will probably go for Valspar in our hall. F+B is too £££ and I've heard it requires more coats.

dontcallmelen Thu 17-Oct-19 08:59:24

Thank you, off to paint shop again later so will check these out.

rumple Thu 17-Oct-19 09:23:54

I’m also having exact same decision. Loads of tester pots too - weird!
Laura Ashley’s pistachio is very close to Mizzle. They have sales quite often and I got a colour mix by dulux which came out very similar but slightly lighter.
It was colour 12166,30GY54036
I will check out the pigeon, thanks

WoollyFoolly Thu 17-Oct-19 09:25:14

We have Valspar feathers of a dove in our house, I love it. There's another very similar one which is a shade darker called morning downpour I think.

dontcallmelen Thu 17-Oct-19 09:50:54

rumple I have the pistachio tester as well, many thanks will check out Dulux.
I think it’s quite a difficult colour, as depends on how light/dark the room is I know what I want but it’s just proving a bit elusive😳

MoMandaS Thu 17-Oct-19 09:55:12

Little Greene Salix?

dontcallmelen Thu 17-Oct-19 10:30:19

Ooh going to LG shop tomorrow, will have a look thanks.

EloiseLane Thu 17-Oct-19 22:07:56

I am a bit tester pot happy at the best of times, but I reached my peak trying to get the right muted green for our kitchen. Everything was too light, too dark or too green.

In the end I gave up and went for Dulux Overtly Olive. It wasn't my favourite on the wall, but I decided it worked for a lot of people so it was a safer bet than something I'd have to get specially mixed. It looked fab once I'd done a whole wall. I was absolutely delighted with it.

TiddleTaddleTat Thu 17-Oct-19 22:10:57

Little greene. Beautiful colours and lovely finish , worth every penny.

Changemynamexchangemyname Thu 17-Oct-19 22:18:23

I’ve just done our downstairs loo in B&Q Colours Olive Tree; I originally wanted F&B French Grey and this is such a close match, I really love it. And it’s half the price!

Samosaurus Thu 17-Oct-19 22:34:06

Order the Little Greene colour card. I've recently discovered this brand and their colours are so beautiful.

dontcallmelen Fri 18-Oct-19 10:43:36

Change that looks lovely, I’m going to B&Q this morning so will check it out.
Thanks everyone yy LG they do have lovely colours, if it was a small room I would be more inclined to take more of a chance as if colour wasn’t right wouldn’t break the bank to redo, but it’s the front room/dining room so quite a large space so would be ££.

TiddleTaddleTat Fri 18-Oct-19 10:52:15

Fair enough and I get where you're coming from. Just as a comparison I have painted 3 rooms recently in a range of paint brands : Valspar, dulux, little greene, Johnstone's trade.
Really noticed quite a stark difference in the quality of the pigment in the LG compared to the others. Their samples are pricey but worth getting a couple and testing against eg. B&Q to see what I mean.
We are renovating on a very tight budget and although most things are needing to cut corners for budget reasons, paint is relatively so cheap but colour makes such a huge difference.

dontcallmelen Fri 18-Oct-19 16:09:31

@TiddleTaddleTat thank you that’s really helpful, I have never used Valspar paint but reviews are very mixed, which put me off & have used LG in the kitchen which was lovely to work with & lasted well I think I will get some testers tomorrow of the LG I picked up a colour card today.

trickyex Fri 18-Oct-19 16:50:39

LG range is good and the quality is excellent. The French Greys are both v nice colours.

Knittedfairies Fri 18-Oct-19 17:26:30

B&Q are running a 3 for 2 promotion on all paint at the moment; hope you've found what you're looking for OP.

LastSamurai Fri 18-Oct-19 17:35:16

I was going to suggest F and B French Grey, which turned out far greener than I wanted in my kitchen.

dontcallmelen Fri 18-Oct-19 17:47:20

last yy it’s has a very greeny tinge to it, I’m starting to think I should just paint it magnolia😂

tomboytown Sat 19-Oct-19 09:04:19

Adore Mizzle

minipie Sat 19-Oct-19 15:55:32

Try LG Tracery or Pearl Colour ranges

dontcallmelen Sat 19-Oct-19 17:03:10

minipie thank you funnily I was pondering those colours earlier.

BumbleNova Sat 19-Oct-19 17:05:33

Tracery ii is gorgeous. We used in our new loft and I love it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in