Talk

Advanced search

Plum purple with magnolia or white

(6 Posts)
Dolphins23 Sat 28-Sep-19 15:46:33

I'm redecorating the lounge with a plum purple, Ive got plum curtains with gold in. I'm not sure wether to paint the other walls white or magnolia? What do you think. Or any other suggestions

OP’s posts: |
GarethSouthgatesWaistcoat Sat 28-Sep-19 23:16:33

Can you find any inspiration on Pinterest? I had plum accents in my bedroom and the walls were almond white/cream. Very neutral room with white and oak furniture. Actually the curtains were antique gold with plum too smile
I began to find this a bit dated so I've changed it up with Dulux Denim Drift walls and a leafy green plants. I've kept many of the plum accents but it's transformed the space.
Shades of grey, blush pink and navy also tone in well.

What colours are your sofa/s and floor? Do you have a photo of the room?

GarethSouthgatesWaistcoat Sat 28-Sep-19 23:35:10

Try using purple as well as plum in image searches.

It's very much not my style but I've seen purple/plum paired with blingy crystals, silver or gold accents and mirrored furniture plus neutral carpet/wooden floor. In which case I would go with a white backdrop.

I may have lived with inherited cream/magnolia walls for too long but I'd choose white these days!

Ohyesiam Sat 28-Sep-19 23:38:29

Magnolia goes with nothing.

TiddleTaddleTat Sat 28-Sep-19 23:50:59

I'd go for a White with a plum/lilac undertone . You can find these for eg. On little greene or F&B paint charts, easy to do. When choosing a complementary white it's all about the undertone. Plum purple is probably warm (although could be cool...)

Mixingitall Sat 28-Sep-19 23:54:56

Crown Sail White would look nice with plum.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in