Talk

Advanced search

What to do about curtains for windows

(3 Posts)
MerryInthechelseahotel Tue 30-Jul-19 22:07:32

I'm moving to a new house soon and I'm wondering how on earth I can make these windows look nice. I will attach a picture and you will see what I mean. All the rooms have two windows really close together and I don't want just blinds. I really like curtains and how it makes a room look but one curtain on each outer side of the window just doesn't look right. I would love some ideas if anyone has any.

OP’s posts: |
SolitudeIsHighlyOverrated Tue 30-Jul-19 23:42:40

The living room in our previous house had windows that were very close together although ours were taller and narrower. I didn't like one curtain either side of the window either. We opted for 1 long curtain pole above the windows and then used 2 pairs of curtains - 1 curtain either end of the window and 2 in the middle. Similar to this:
i.pinimg.com/236x/ae/77/cf/ae77cf74bae3890a1193f12773ae8f2b--dining-room-curtains-linen-curtains.jpg?nii=t

A friend had similar also but she dressed her windows with 1 pair of curtains split between 2 separate curtain poles - something like this:
i.pinimg.com/736x/23/79/6f/23796fb650696aed40ecbe38a50e91e1--chevron-curtains-bedroom-curtains.jpg

MerryInthechelseahotel Wed 31-Jul-19 09:32:26

Thanks Solitude something like the second picture might work well. The first one is beautiful but these windows are much shorter.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in