Talk

Advanced search

Help me cover this monstrosity please! (Photo)

(9 Posts)
OverpricedFloorCushion Wed 03-Jul-19 11:28:01

I've just moved into a new place, its beautiful but the one thing I really dislike is the wall mount for the television.

I hate wall-mounted tv and have just bought a nice tv unit. I dont want to remove the brackets incase the landlord isnt happy about it and there is a socket for my heating controller and a bunch of wires for the satellite sticking out too which I can't change but wont be using.

I was thinking I could put a screen or something against the wall, with my TV unit in front of it? Would that work or look silly?

Any ideas appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
DarlingCoffee Wed 03-Jul-19 11:34:12

Yes a screen would like nice or you could drape a
Wall hanging over it if you’re allowed to put a hole in the wall for a hook that is!

DarlingCoffee Wed 03-Jul-19 11:45:31

Like this perhaps?

OverpricedFloorCushion Wed 03-Jul-19 12:04:44

I like the wall hanging idea too but wasnt sure if id be allowed to put a hole in the wall. Will need to ask!

QuantumWeatherButterfly Wed 03-Jul-19 12:08:24

No need for holes! Use a Command Hook - like this:
www.command.com/3M/en_US/command/products/~/Command-Medium-Modern-Metal-Hook/?N=5924736+3293745443+3294529207&preselect=8719409+3293786499&rt=rud

This is a medium sized one, but if you want to hang something heavier, they have bigger ones. And they really do work! I have loads in my house, no issues at all.

OverpricedFloorCushion Wed 03-Jul-19 12:20:41

Those look ideal Quantum. I have some pictures and things I'd like to hang as well, thankyou!

Does anyone have any links to any affordable wall hangings? I cant spend too much!

TheClitterati Fri 05-Jul-19 21:59:42

Pick up a piece of fabric you like, cover a piece of hardboard (or at a push strong cardboard) with the fabric - cheap as chips wall hanging.

Ambydex Sat 06-Jul-19 13:19:01

A big canvas might work if you can get one wide enough. Buy one with artwork on it or get a photo printed. They have a void behind.

Eg this one is 1m wide but you can choose whatever image you like. IKEA might be worth a look too.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sat 06-Jul-19 13:21:40

Look at Redbubble for an infinite range of wall hangings

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in