Talk

Advanced search

Spare room colour

(4 Posts)
Sleepinginthebathroom Fri 10-May-19 21:08:53

Our spare room needs to be a bit cosier. It's a bit of a dressing room/sofa bed/laundry/ everything else.
The furniture and walls are a clean white and the carpet is brown (unfortunately).
I was thinking ochre but it's a bit drab with the brown. The rest of the house is very modern and I don't think it goes.
Also pink would compliment and distract from the carpet, but may be a bit preteen girl roomy
I'm looking for something that makes it a bit cosier but works with the rest of the house.

We'll be adding colour mostly just with the accessories. Though I was thinking maybe a f&b feature wall behind the sofa bed, but I don't want it to look messy and more cluttered.

Any colour suggestions or a better way to make the room a bit nicer?

OP’s posts: |
Bluesheep8 Sat 11-May-19 07:43:24

Have a look at f and b pale powder. It's very very pale bluey/greeny and would go well with the carpet.

H1LL Sat 11-May-19 10:06:45

Have a look at Edward Bulmer’s Equisse de Nymph Emue.... it’s on his instagram.

Its an exquisite shade of pink, without being sickly or too girlie. Very sophisticated! More flesh than pink!

GosiaFourStudio Wed 19-Jun-19 16:03:48

@Sleepinginthebathroom
I would definitely go for grey palette, pink with brawn not always works well… of course it also depends of what shade of brawn it is?
or if you fancy more dark interiors I would go for something like stone blue (farrow&ball)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in