Talk

Advanced search

Pretty pale blue

(23 Posts)
wowfudge Wed 01-May-19 21:12:57

We have a fairly dark attic room 6ft by 12ft with a dormer window and low ceiling in the dormer area (about half the overall space) . It's currently painted with Dulux Light + Space in Nordic Spa but I'd like to change that to a pretty, pale blue shade with warmth - preferably something off the shelf.

Dulux Blueberry White looks good using the Dulux Visualiser but I'm concerned it might be too pale. Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
koality Wed 01-May-19 21:27:07

Farrow and Ball Lulworth Blue is beautiful. I'd pick something with a touch of grey or lavender.

dontcallmelen Wed 01-May-19 21:29:56

Craig & Rose have some pretty blue colours, Swedish blue is pretty & they have a slightly lighter one but can’t remember the name.
Mylands also do a blue called Lambeth walk, which is lovely.

bilbodog Wed 01-May-19 22:22:01

F & b borrowed light is lovely

Flicketyflack Wed 01-May-19 22:24:18

F & B skylight is lovely green/blue/grey smile

wowfudge Wed 01-May-19 22:28:49

Thanks for these suggestions, I'll take a look.

riverislands Wed 01-May-19 23:27:44

Borrowed light is much better for your purposes.

CoolShoeshine Thu 02-May-19 07:02:40

Dulux cornflower white is lovely and airy.

wowfudge Thu 02-May-19 07:31:19

@riverislands - thank you, but better than what?

theorchidwhisperer Thu 02-May-19 08:11:55

Farrow and ball 'Borrowed Light' is so pretty. I'm painting with it right now!

riverislands Thu 02-May-19 09:12:49

I think it's better than skylight or lulworth blue. One us too grey and the other too dark a blue-more a 1980s blue boys bedroom, iyswim. I would look at borrowed light or light blue, both F and B. Pavilion blue is pretty light, too.

wowfudge Thu 02-May-19 10:16:50

Thanks for the @riverislands. I'm wary of too grey, too blue and too lilac! I don't really want to spend F&B money on paint tbh so may get it colour matched at a Johnstone's or Dulux centre.

wowfudge Thu 02-May-19 10:17:39

@theorchidwhisperer - always good to have such a recommendation!

Spanglybangles Thu 02-May-19 14:59:01

Another vote for F&B borrowed light. I had it colour mixed at Johnstone’s and we used it in our sons room which is a naturally quite dark NE facing room. It’s gorgeous.

wowfudge Thu 02-May-19 16:12:47

Ooh that's interesting @Spanglybangles. How did colour matching it at Johnstone's work? Did you just tell them wanted a match for F&B Borrowed Light or take a sample or what? I work round the corner from a branch, don't want to spend money on testers and would like to crack on this weekend as I don't think it'll be gardening weather.

Spanglybangles Thu 02-May-19 17:03:32

I just went in and enquired as I had heard they colour match. They have the colour codes preloaded in their mixing machine. I just had to choose the type of paint (I went for their covaplus vinyl Matt) and name the shade and they made it up there and then. Really quick and simple. I got matches for 4 F&B shades and was very pleased with them all.

wowfudge Thu 02-May-19 17:23:18

Thank you Spangly - much appreciated.

wowfudge Fri 03-May-19 07:36:30

Getting the paint this lunchtime, so that's my bank holiday sorted. DP was fine with the colour too - we often have very different taste in these things.

FraggleRocking Fri 03-May-19 07:43:38

If it’s not too late I’d suggest getting the F&B colour mixed in a different paint by a matcher. They’ll be able to create the exact colour you want but a longer lasting paint if you go to a proper store like Brewers. The colours F&B make are lovely but the quality isn’t so good and requires more upkeep.

FraggleRocking Fri 03-May-19 07:45:54

Sorry! Not fully awake yet, can see someone has already advised this. Must read properly in future!

wowfudge Fri 03-May-19 11:09:43

No worries Fraggle - I don't want to pay F&B prices for paint, especially not for an spare bedroom/hobby room.

Just need someone to do wallpaper similar to the F&B stuff for a fraction of the price - got hall stairs and landing which I reckon will need 20+ rolls of paper to do!

wowfudge Fri 03-May-19 18:39:14

For anyone thinking of colour matching F&B it was a doddle in Johnstone's and I've got 5L of paint for less than the price of 2.5L had I bought Farrow and Ball.

Bluesheep8 Sat 04-May-19 07:20:14

I know you've already chosen and bought, but I recommend dulux heritage clear skies. I've got it in my kitchen, will post a pic

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in