Talk

Advanced search

Can I see your cloakroom toilets please?

(15 Posts)
RedPandaFluff Thu 11-Apr-19 22:30:06

Hi everyone . . . needing to keep busy at the minute so one of my projects is to redesign our downstairs loo (it's a small cloakroom-size room, not under stairs but very small nonetheless). It's completely pink at the minute - pink toilet and sink, pink walls, pink ceiling - absolutely grim.

I'm totally stuck for ideas though, so I'd love to see photos of how you've all decorated similar rooms, please . . . ? Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
Ti0101001001100101d Sat 13-Apr-19 20:47:20

I cannot take a good photo, but I went white, with a grey feature wall and some fancy crystal toilet roll holders and towel holder then a mini chandelier.
Then a shabby chic massive mirror over the sink
And a cute vase in the little window

Honestly it sounds gross but it's actually really lovely, I like a downstairs loo to be a bit more fun anyway than the rest of the house!

RedPandaFluff Sat 13-Apr-19 21:17:04

Crystals? Chandelier? That sounds amazing 😆 I like that you had fun with it . . . maybe I should do the same. Turn it into a little palace 😁

peachgreen Sat 13-Apr-19 21:24:56

When we moved in ours was light purple floor to ceiling! We went for a muted greeny blue, white mosaic tiles, white ceramic vintage toilet roll holder / soap dish (Edwardian style) and a vintage hexagonal bevelled mirror. Plus black and white floor tiles. It's lovely!

Ti0101001001100101d Sat 13-Apr-19 22:25:49

Yes! I think it's so cute and a totally different vibe to the rest of the house.
You could try a glittery feature wall
Or just some chill but with a nice splash of colour, light a bright yellow hand towel and big mirror or something

You can get some really nice and cheap flooring too, I'm just looking at vinyl flooring at the moment to jazz up the main bathroom but I've seen some great ones that really change the room

Ti0101001001100101d Sat 13-Apr-19 22:27:09

Peachgreen that sounds gorgeous, loove a vintage bathroom and I'm desperate to get a hexagonal mirror in my house somewhere too!

junebirthdaygirl Thu 18-Apr-19 01:11:27

I have a friend whose dh and DC are mad into fishing. Her whole downstairs loo is full of fishing photos as they catch massive things and win competitions at. All in black and white with various sizes frames. It's an experience going in there. Looks great.

RedPandaFluff Thu 18-Apr-19 08:54:59

Oooooo maybe I do a theme of something I love . . . wait. No. Chocolate probably isn't going to work 😁

Bluntness100 Thu 18-Apr-19 08:58:33

Mines pale eau de nil ( like a pale duck egg but greenish rather than blue) with white fittings,

However I have seen some beautiful ones wallpapered, dark blue wall paper with birds of paradise etc, if I was redecorating that's the kind of thing I'd go for, make it a real feature.

RedPandaFluff Thu 18-Apr-19 13:43:38

Oh I like that, @Bluntness100 - I love peacock colours; those beautiful rich blues and greens. That could be good inspiration . . .

BluntAndToThePoint Thu 18-Apr-19 17:00:51

Cheap and cheerful:
www.diy.com/departments/fine-d-cor-empress-teal-duck-egg-foliage-birds-glitter-effect-wallpaper/1212905_BQ.prd?
www.diy.com/departments/fine-d-cor-empress-pale-grey-foliage-birds-glitter-effect-wallpaper/1212865_BQ.prd?

Pricier (and more in your face!):
www.wallpaperdirect.com/products/jane-churchill/sula/129543
www.matthewwilliamson.com/wallpaper

The Matthew Williamson stuff is also sold by John Lewis. I'm quite drawn to his Arini range - blue and red parrots.

RedPandaFluff Thu 18-Apr-19 17:15:43

Love the Jane Churchill, @BluntAndToThePoint - although DH is going to be horrified. I'm usually very . . . beige 😄

BluntAndToThePoint Thu 18-Apr-19 19:31:01

RedPandaFluff I know what you mean - my husband reckoned the parrot wallpaper was too loud. He said it would feel weird to use that toilet as he would always feel as if something was watching him!

Bluntness100 Thu 18-Apr-19 20:30:52

Someone posted one a while ago, I can't recall the thread, but there was a navy paper with birds, and some metallic shades on it, like gold etc, was fantastic,

The other cool one is this one from anthroplogie, thr party animals one.

DidIMissSomething Thu 18-Apr-19 21:17:55

I have this one. The bottom half of the wall is tiled in white and this at the top - it's a bit richer in colour than it looks here and the highlights are metallic - It looks fab!
https://www.johnlewis.com/cole-son-nautilus-wallpaper/103-4019/p1925413

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in