Talk

Advanced search

Sofa club sofas - good or bad?

(5 Posts)
purplestargazer Thu 21-Mar-19 09:23:34

Help! I'm really tempted to order a Sofa Club corner sofa. They are amazing value but am really confused by the reviews. I'm not too bothered if they take a bit longer to be delivered, which seems one of the biggest complaints but I don't want to buy a sofa that starts sagging or falling apart after 6 months.

If anyone has a Sofa Club sofa, particularly the Windsor, I'd be really interested to hear what you think of it.

OP’s posts: |
ak3991 Tue 14-May-19 21:26:02

Hello, did you buy from sofa club? I am looking to buy from them too and looking for advice ? thanks

jmm67 Sun 19-May-19 13:15:03

I've just bought some sofas,I'm really pleased with them,it took eight days for delivery.They are really good quality.They don't take the packaging away,but that is stated in the terms and conditions.Saw the Windsor in our local shopping center its good quality.

Kirsten19 Fri 30-Aug-19 15:01:15

After a weeks delay my suite was delivered at night by two men whom I assume have no furniture delivery experience. My house is a front door ground floor house which has not been a problem before for large items.
My hall wall got what appeared to be blood from one of their fingers on it, which on trying to wipe has now marked my newly decorated wall and scraped the door frame paint work. My door got marked which luckily came off. Once the men had left we found one of the sofa casters fell off of the three seater as it is damaged. Unfortunately we then found a thumbsize hole in the fabric of the 3 seater. The irony is I really loved the suite. Considering they charged £100 for delivery which is excessive anyway, to be delayed, damaged and delivered by two men in a white van.
The men got a signature and left as soon as they could without unwrapping the suite.

On contacting the Company and waiting for a week for them to investigate (which I had to chase up) I was told more or less, they are not accepting liability as it was the delivery firm, because we have to take THEIR word that the suite was not damaged when it left their premises. I had no choice what delivery firm they used after paying them £100 to have it delivered. Sofa Club make that decision and the customer is expected to make two men at 8pm at night stay in the house when they are bolting out the door.

The couches are actually really nice but I would not recommend that you use them, there prices may be low but there is no aftercare if anything goes wrong, they quote their T & Cs which essentially say they will not take responsibility for their delivery service that THEY charge you £100 for. They are prepared to leave you with damaged goods and damage to your property but more than happy to take your money.

Jakeyboi Sat 02-May-20 13:06:51

STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST USING THIS COMPANY, CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABSOLUTLY SHOCKING! COUCH IS 4 WEEKS LATE, BEEN WAITING 10 WEEKS. PHONED UP CUSTOMER SERVICE TO COMPLAIN (FOR THE 3RD TIME AFTER MY 3RD FAILED DELIVERY DATE) AND THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD PASS THE MESSAGE ON AND THEY WOULD RETURN MY CALL "TOMMOROW". WELL "TOMMOROW" HAS COME AND I HAVE STILL NOT RECIEVED MY CALL SO I PICKED UP THE PHONE TO CALL THE U5LE55 CUNT5 AND THE OFFICE IS CLOSED YOU DIRTY LYING LOWLIFE W4NKERS. 6 HOURS TO DRIVE FROM SCOTLAND TO YOUR HEAD OFFICE AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT AM DOING 6AM MONDAY MORNING! U CUNT5 HAVE GAVE ME SOMETHING TO DO DURING MY TIME OFF WORK. Oh and dont listen to there pathetic pretent response to all the bad reviews on trustpilot "Please can you provide me with your order number and postcode so I am able to locate your details." BULLCRAP! ITS ALL FOR SHOW JUST LIKE HOW IT SAYS "2 WEEKS TO DELIVER" ON THERE WEBSITE! GO ELSEWHERE YOU WONT REGRET IT. SHOCKING COMPANY, MY FRIEND ALSO GOT A COUCH.....WAS LATE ALSO HAD A MARK ON IT AFTER SHE UNWRAPED IT BUT THE GUYS WERE ALREADY AWAY. HAPPY TO TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT NOTHING ELSE. RATS.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in