Talk

Advanced search

Help me select a paint colour for chilly guest loft bedroom

(10 Posts)
MariaWaria Mon 11-Mar-19 06:52:20

It's in a roomy loft conversion; light but tends to be chilly.

A fairly blank canvas; wooden flooring and beams. Lots of oddly shaped walls which blend into ceiling, so want a colour that will go on both walls and ceiling.

Would prefer not to go bright, dark or zany as planning to sell in a couple of years.

Guide me, wise ones.

OP’s posts: |
ApolloandDaphne Mon 11-Mar-19 06:55:57

A warm creamy yellow maybe?

IDismyname Mon 11-Mar-19 06:56:24

If you’re still into greige, then consult F&B on their warm range of greiges.

If you’re into a bit more colour, then maybe a warm yellow.

Colour is making a big comeback!

ivykaty44 Mon 11-Mar-19 06:57:14

Peachy/apricot colours tend to be warm, spice type colours. Paint the walls in a subtle colour and have darker richer colours for soft furnishes

Avoid blue/green tones as they can be cold

ApolloandDaphne Mon 11-Mar-19 06:58:23

We did our spare room Primrose Yellow as we needed to put it on the walls and the cupboard fronts. It is lovely.

frenchonion Mon 11-Mar-19 07:02:23

I did my bedroom in a pale sage the other day and love it!

MariaWaria Mon 11-Mar-19 20:34:21

Great guidance - thanks.

OP’s posts: |
QuietlyQuaffing Tue 12-Mar-19 00:28:44

I would go very neutral with a beige tint. Too much colour could be a bit odd on the ceiling.

My brain is working on Dulux colours but I think they've just changed. Nutmeg White is a good starting point, then go a tiny bit darker but stick to the beigey yellow part of the chart, not the grey one. Something like Summer Linen or Elderflower tea, off the top of my head.

Egyptian cotton is a classic but I've just picked Nutmeg White over it, because it's definitely tending towards warmer/beige Vs the more greyish tones of the Egyptian cotton.

Bluesheep8 Tue 12-Mar-19 08:00:37

Have a look at f and b skimming stone. It's a really warm pake taupey greige. I have it in my living room and love it. I will try to post a pic.

VanillaSugarr Tue 12-Mar-19 10:05:42

This is a hard one. If you want to sell the house then definitely stick to a neutral colour. Can you liven it up with lots of colourful bed throws and cushions?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in