Talk

Advanced search

what colour new fitted carpets?

(7 Posts)
OneStepMoreFun Wed 23-Jan-19 17:39:48

Our carpets need replacing in two downstairs living rooms, stairs, landing and master bedroom. I really want the same colour throughout.

Everywhere I look the fashion is for grey. I hate grey carpets, so they are out. Would a honey-coloured twist flecked with neutral light browns work or is that too old-fashioned?

If it is, what might work? Looking for plain not striped. I love striped stair carpets but was told they won't work with our stairs.

It's a 1930s detached if that makes a difference to style or choice.

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Xiaoxiong Wed 23-Jan-19 19:15:48

I also dislike grey and beige carpets and they show dirt like there's no tomorrow, second only to white. Would you consider one of the natural fibre ones, like sisal or jute or sisal? They're lovely as fitted carpets and you can put rugs over them too.

Xiaoxiong Wed 23-Jan-19 19:19:34

I also went round to our neighbours recently and they have recarpeted with a lovely muted jade green colour carpet throughout which seemed to work with a number of different colour schemes.

OneStepMoreFun Wed 23-Jan-19 21:18:07

I like the idea of muted jade.
We've had sisal in the past. I love the natural colours and it's hard wearing. But I fancy something more luxurious underfoot. Softer and bouncier.
Great ideas, though. Thank you.

lll77 Wed 23-Jan-19 21:40:41

I've got some sisal carpet (laid by previous owners) and I really wouldn't recommend it. I'm sure it looked nice when it was new, but it marks badly and any attempts to clean it leave horrible water stains. It isn't nice underfoot or for children to play on either as it is hard and rough.

OneStepMoreFun Thu 24-Jan-19 23:09:07

I agree lll77 - it's too scratchy.

SupremeCarpets Sat 26-Jan-19 13:09:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in