Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for grey living room

(15 Posts)
apresski62 Sun 04-Nov-18 11:34:54

Hi,I recently decorated my daughter's living room and she wanted colours to match her new mid grey sofas,I did it with two paints from the Johnstone's range,main walls were Moonlit Sky which is a lovely dove grey tone and her feature wall was done with Diva,a deep rich plum tone.It surpassed our expectations and along with the new brilliant white coving and facings it really looks stunning!!Hope this helps!!

Angelcd Thu 01-Nov-18 15:34:20

Mustard looks nice with grey warms it up esp if its light grey with white. i think pink does look nice my fave colour but its a cold colour ,i do love mustard and grey together x

redfragglebiker Thu 01-Nov-18 10:10:15

Ooh we're going grey and Mustard and I love the additional of that aubergine colour!

bellinibobble Thu 01-Nov-18 10:08:56

Sounds a bit like mine, but we've got wooden flooring. Look at Farrow and Ball Hague Blue, I LOVE it!

Jasquers Thu 01-Nov-18 09:47:29

Ooh I like the Aubergine MargotLovedTom1. Thank you

OP’s posts: |
MargotLovedTom1 Thu 01-Nov-18 09:33:17

Meant to also say, you could add in the odd mustard accent.

MargotLovedTom1 Thu 01-Nov-18 09:29:17

Aubergine would be more forgiving than pastel pink with small children.

Cheerfulasever Thu 01-Nov-18 09:28:53

Teal is great with grey! One accent wall or accessories could make a massive difference.

MustStopSnacking28 Thu 01-Nov-18 09:26:53

My living room is grey and yellow but also love grey navy and yellow together. Those were my wedding colours!

Jasquers Thu 01-Nov-18 09:25:24

Thanks for those ideas. Love that blue unicornandbows but also loving the idea of pastel pink. Surprised my husband likes the idea of pastel pink too...though with 2 small kids I'm not sure it would stay pastel for long!

RubyRedUnicorn Thu 01-Nov-18 09:19:01

Pastel pink?

Unicornandbows Thu 01-Nov-18 09:13:00

Something like this

Unicornandbows Thu 01-Nov-18 09:08:25

Some hessian blue throws and pillows curtains mixed with copper and pale pinks such as peony coloured would look nice

TeddyIsaHe Thu 01-Nov-18 09:05:40

Navy and pale pink, with other hints of pale blues and greys, whites and black. I would avoid a wallpaper feature wall, because they’re very overused and I don’t particularly like them, but that’s my opinion!

Jasquers Thu 01-Nov-18 09:03:29

Hi. Looking for some idea s. We have been in our new house for over 3 years now and we can't decide on how to decorate the living room.
We have gone for light grey carpet and quite a light grey sofa (which is quite grainy). White gloss TV unit and side tables.
Looking to add some colour as it feels quite clinical. Thinking of pink or yellow/grey. It's quite a big room with a long wall where the TV unit is
A feature wall might be nice....any ideas on wallpaper?
Thanks I'm advance!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in