Talk

Advanced search

I want this rug! Where can I get it from?

(19 Posts)
FaceLikeAPairOfTits Wed 24-Oct-18 20:14:02

I want this to be mine. Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
strongandlong Wed 24-Oct-18 20:18:03

If you Google Berber rugs you'll find lots of similar options.

That is a lovely one though!

ChateauneufDuTwat Wed 24-Oct-18 20:21:28

Fairly sure it's this one.

Every single blogger on YouTube and their grannies seem to have it, not sure if that puts you off at all!

Growingboys Wed 24-Oct-18 20:22:54

What chateauneuf said. I wouldn't get it as it is so of the moment (or 12 months ago or so) that I reckon it will date very quickly.

FaceLikeAPairOfTits Wed 24-Oct-18 20:25:58

Blimey, that was quick! grin I think that’s exactly the one Chateau, I hadn’t realised I was being influenced by influencers. blush

The other option is a Persian type. It’s for a large living room in a modern house where there’s a Scandi/mid century/slightly industrial vibe. (Ye gods, I sound awful.)

FaceLikeAPairOfTits Wed 24-Oct-18 20:27:31

This type of thing.

SugarandVinegar Wed 24-Oct-18 20:31:21

If you're anywhere near a Trago Mills they used to have those Persian kind of rugs.

ChateauneufDuTwat Wed 24-Oct-18 20:32:00

Much prefer the Persian but only like the thin, slightly worn vintage kind which sadly a) are very hard to find and b) cost a bloody fortune. I found mine on gumtree. It's not quite the colour I wanted and has some sun damage but it's fine for now. Am saving up for my dream rug.

Haven't come across a mass produced one that looks quite right yet.

Errrrrrr Wed 24-Oct-18 20:32:18

If you love the style La Redoute has a few and they have a big sale on at the moment.

I have a lot of persian rugs and kilims - i buy most of them from ebay and etsy second hand - you can get lovely wool rugs for a fraction of the price of new and there's no chance anyone else will have the same one!

Growingboys Wed 24-Oct-18 20:39:39

Agree, Persian one much nicer.

ItsJustTheOneSwanActually Wed 24-Oct-18 20:45:55

Have you looked at Pottery Barn online? They ship internationally and the fx rate is quite good at the moment. Lots of lovely Persian rugs on their website

I have had a v large wool one of theirs in my living room for 5 yrs and it's wearing really well

FaceLikeAPairOfTits Thu 25-Oct-18 04:24:02

You are all marvellous.

I've never thought to buy a second hand rug. How cheap/easy are large rugs to clean, I'm presuming they're not cleaned before you buy them.

And would a Persian type look OK in a modern house? Our stuff is quite relaxed - linen sofas, oiled oak floorboards etc, we're not keen on sleek finishes - but it's not a Victorian F&B type place.

Errrrrrr Thu 25-Oct-18 09:37:14

All the second hand rugs I've bought have been from dealers and have come fully cleaned. This seller ships direct from Turkey and they're not all your conventional Persian style rugs - I think some would look fab in a modern/industrial setting (I have bought from her and been very happy).

Actually I shouldn't have looked in her Etsy shop again, I'm very tempted!!!

FaceLikeAPairOfTits Wed 07-Nov-18 14:03:27

I'm dithering. blush

I've looked at my living room board on Pinterest, and have nearly 200 photos. Bizarrely, none of these have been saved because of the rugs, but now I look at them, about 3/4 of them have either a Berber or a Kilim, split about 50/50.

Which do you think will date best? I need one that's at least 2m x 3m, so it's going to be pricey. I'm nervous of the kilim idea because they feel a bit hippyish, and I'm struggling to visualise one in a modern house. But on the other hand, from what people have said on this thread, the Berber ones are very of the moment.

Any other thoughts? I also like this from Habitat as well as the one pictured here.

gussiefox Wed 07-Nov-18 16:52:38

We need a new rug and it has to be very big - who stains the floor around the rug and sideboard FFS angry Someone on MN a few months ago posted a link to www.irugs.co.uk They have some lovely ones. Good luck!

Ihaventgottimeforthis Wed 07-Nov-18 16:57:49

grin at Trago Mills.

I've never seen so many Persian rugs under one roof.

gussiefox Wed 07-Nov-18 17:07:35

Just to add, I have never used irugs myself and see that they have mixed reviews on Trustpilot. The MN poster seemed happy with theirs but caveat emptor and all that.

Horsfordiansunite Wed 07-Nov-18 18:28:37

Bought a killim from dunelm of all places earlier in the year Reasonably cheap

FaceLikeAPairOfTits Thu 08-Nov-18 06:57:04

Thanks everyone. I need an intervention! Maybe I should just play it safe and get a thick cream wool one. Argh!

There are bazillions of killims on Etsy (thanks, @Errrrrr), if anyone else is considering one.

We have dark grey linen curtains and a black stove. Walls will likely be Slipper Satin. Floor and window frames are wood, so there isn’t really any colour in the room, maybe that means a killim is the way to go?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in