Talk

Advanced search

Help with dining chairs to this table

(18 Posts)
Mathurini Fri 12-Oct-18 15:00:01

Hi all, my first ever post on Mumsnet so please be nice.
I've gone on a whim and bought this table which I love and went a bit cray and also bought two 'accent' dining chairs with the hope I'd then find four matching chairs that I like, that don't need to be wood, and preferably either faux leather or plastic so it's easy. It is going in the dining area which backs on to the living area but it's sort of zoned, so this dining area has an accent wall...
Any ideas on what dining chairs to go for and also if you think this is evn going to work?
The kitchen which is to the left of where the dining table will be is semi open plan with grey handless matte finish.

Thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |
Thegirlisnotright Sat 13-Oct-18 08:36:20

Are the chairs black painted wood?
www.cultfurniture.com/furniture-c10/chairs-c3/metal-chairs-c29/cult-living-loretta-dining-chair-with-wood-seat-rustic-p3855/s7721?dfw_tracker=18620-7721&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5p3W8PKC3gIVDbDtCh20_wMsEAQYGSABEgIrKvD_BwE

Next clearance section often has good deals on dining chairs.

flugelhorn81 Sat 13-Oct-18 08:50:18

Not coming with chair suggestions but I love that table - where did you get it?

Mathurini Sat 13-Oct-18 09:10:36

Hiya, yes the ones I have bought are, but I wanted to get four chairs that are different in style to the ones I’ve got. I was thinking of ones like these

Mathurini Sat 13-Oct-18 09:11:15

Table is from swoon editions, still in stock I believe! Please help me with the chair situation, I thought I’d get way more replies than this! Thanks

Yewtown Sat 13-Oct-18 09:25:08

I think the first chairs you posted would be good. The shapes compliment each other perfectly. I think that style in black with wooden legs would look great

Mathurini Sat 13-Oct-18 09:52:36

Sorry which picture comes up first? It comes up in a muddled order for me! Thanks I really value the input!

Yewtown Sat 13-Oct-18 10:03:46

Its the ones that look like the eames style chairs.

Yewtown Sat 13-Oct-18 10:07:38

Something like this
https://www.johnlewis.com/vitra-eames-dsw-side-chair-light-maple-leg/p3164657
The simplicity of the design is a more modern twist on your other chairs

Mathurini Sat 13-Oct-18 10:47:48

Thanks @yewtown, my only concern was because it’s for my parents as opposed to me, they may prefer the look of the ones that are more traditional chairs - hence I posted the leather look ones too. I agree with you too though!

Yewtown Sat 13-Oct-18 11:32:23

Not sure what age your parents are but I'm in my fifties. If they are older and more traditional then a matching style may be the best idea

Mathurini Sat 13-Oct-18 11:48:14

Yeah they are late sixties. Although my mum would like the modern style, I think my dad would probably want something padded. Out of the others I had linked, do you reckon either of those would go? I thought the ones with the copper legs might look nicer than the dwell ones

Yewtown Sat 13-Oct-18 13:06:30

Yes I think I agree although I think I would probably prefer wooden legs. The Dwell legs look as if they are much redder than the table. I would probably match the chairs though. The carvers would look brilliant with Diego chairs.

Mathurini Sat 13-Oct-18 14:09:59

So sorry but what do you mean by carvers and Diego’s? I just liked the look of the accent chairs and didn’t know if they had a particular name! Thanks muchly for all the advice! Usually these kind of questions get loads of answers or opinions!

Mathurini Sat 13-Oct-18 14:25:03

Sorry for another chair option but how about these? And which leg stain? My wood has a slight grey oak tinge, attaching a sample of that too!

Yewtown Sat 13-Oct-18 15:16:47

The darker one I think. I think it will look better with your carver chairs

Mathurini Sat 13-Oct-18 21:36:39

Thanks @Yewtown, I'll post a pic once it's ordered/delivered and in situ, if you are interested!

Yewtown Sat 13-Oct-18 22:21:44

I am sure it will look beautiful and can't wait to see it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in