Talk

Advanced search

Feature wall and ceiling?

(9 Posts)
Igottastartthinkingbee Mon 10-Sep-18 12:18:39

Redecorating my sons room. He’d love a space theme so I wanted to do the ceiling dark blue with lots of white stars. But I’d also like to do solar system wall stickers on one wall. Will a dark blue ceiling and one dark blue wall work? Or is it a decorative no no?? The other walls will be off white or pale grey or some such. Help I’m a bit of a novice!

OP’s posts: |
Igottastartthinkingbee Mon 10-Sep-18 19:17:10

Bump

thatawkwardsilence Mon 10-Sep-18 19:33:05

It will be really hard to cover dark blue on a ceiling plus, it will make the room dark in the day. What way does the room face ?

I don't see the issue with the feature wall being dark blue. I would leave ceiling white but how about you project stars with a night light. You can get amazing stars ones on amazon that move.

You could add some glow in the dark stars on the top part of the feature wall ( they will remove some paint when taken off but not as bad on a wall as easier to fill than the ceiling.)

Or you could even do a fade or ombre - see pic .. looks a bit tricky !!!

Depends on your DCs age but John Lewis do a remote control solar system light. Or a rocket feature lampshade would be lovely.

namethatchild Mon 10-Sep-18 19:37:18

I wouldn’t paint the ceiling dark unless it’s pretty high and a light room. How about something like this?

Igottastartthinkingbee Mon 10-Sep-18 19:59:54

Wow love that first pic name!

This is what I was thinking for the ceiling

Igottastartthinkingbee Mon 10-Sep-18 20:01:11

Fade looks very tricky that! Not sure I’m up to that. Looks good though.

MissCherryCakeyBun Mon 10-Sep-18 20:24:37

Consider putting lining paper on the ceiling first that way you can paint that and then when you need to redecorate or want to move it's just a case of stripping the paper before white again

Igottastartthinkingbee Mon 10-Sep-18 20:30:10

Great tip, thanks misscherry!

SayrraT Sat 22-Sep-18 10:36:22

B&M have this wallpaper which I'm going to put up on the ceiling of one of our rooms.

www.bmstores.co.uk/products/rasch-nebula-wallpaper-320493

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in