Talk

Advanced search

A nice shade of pink.

(14 Posts)
poddige Mon 11-Jun-18 18:09:49

I'm trying to find a shade of pink for the living room that isn't TOO PINK. more of a dusky grey/pink. I feel like I'm lost in a sea of pinks.

Has anyone got any suggestions or ones to avoid?

I love Pantone Champagne Pink, and could get it mixed, but just hoping someone has put something similar on a wall and has feedback. I've not had much luck with other colours once they're on the wall so erring on the side of caution with this one. Thank you!

BarbaraOcumbungles Mon 11-Jun-18 18:11:42

F&B calamine?

Crissy83 Mon 11-Jun-18 18:16:19

I love pebble shore from the b&q 'colours' range. Combined it with a feature wall in light rain and would definitely describe as a 'grey' pink.

StruggsToFunc Mon 11-Jun-18 22:35:42

YY F&B Calamine.

WhereIsBlueRabbit Tue 12-Jun-18 06:35:15

F & B Peignoir maybe?

Thisisanoutrage Tue 12-Jun-18 06:45:20

Dulux just walnut

Ketzele Tue 12-Jun-18 10:56:45

It really depends on the light, but I would look at F&B Peignoir and Calamine, Little Greene Peach Blossom Light, Mylands Pale Lilac and Soho House, Paint & Paper Library Plaster (comes in five intensities) or Marble (ditto) or Lady Char's Lilac.

furandchandeliers Tue 12-Jun-18 12:46:15

I have f and b calamine in my dressing room and it's a lovely dusky pink.

poddige Tue 12-Jun-18 21:13:37

Thank you!

I've gone for F&B Calamine, done a big patch and already love it.

poddige Tue 12-Jun-18 21:14:12

@Ketzele you are the pink paint oracle 🙌🏽

Ketzele Tue 12-Jun-18 22:35:35

It's a bit tragic, isn't it? I live in a cluttered, ugly house with bits falling off it - which I can't afford to fix - so I have become this obsessive posh-painter, fannying around dabbing overpriced pigment over the ruins. My kids call me the Paint Witch. I'm all excited right now because tomorrow I am going to paint a wall in Mylands Shoreditch, a lovely dark grey green. All my furniture is ebay or skips; if it isn't nice dark wood, and doesn't move fast enough, it gets painted.

But I'm so pleased you went for Calamine - such a great colour.

poddige Wed 13-Jun-18 22:51:41

@Ketzele the paint witch is just brilliant!

I will keep popping back to this thread to ask you for worldly paint advice in the future.

The calamine currently looking dreamy.

rb6ac Sat 16-Jun-18 20:29:41

Have also been looking for a light pink for my daughter’s room - tried out F&B Calamine after reading this and I also think it’s perfect - getting it painted in the next couple of weeks. F&B should pay you commission @Ketzele!!

Also by pure coincidence I am using F&B Peignoir and Dulux’s Just Walnut in other parts of my house over the next fortnight. Must be very popular shades! grin

SippingSipsmith Sun 17-Jun-18 16:15:14

Just done DTs bedrooms. One calamine and one Peignoir (dulux matched to farrow and ball).

The Peignoir is probably my favourite. It's a really chalky pink and unusual. Lovely.

Calamine also lovely but less grey tone. It seems to have a dose of blue in there.

I paired both with farrow and ball wevet for a nice fresh feel

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: