Talk

Advanced search

Does this sideboard go with these chairs?

(22 Posts)
furandchandeliers Wed 06-Jun-18 16:57:42

Will be in a sort of second lounge/cat room, a light greens blue colour at the moment, original floors, fire, built in shelves filled with books and a small tan leather sofa (Groucho by halo)

I love the sideboard but I know it won't be to everyone's taste, I'm going for an eccentric sort of look, my house is very tasteful throughout and this room is somewhere that only me and my oldest daughter (and the cats) spend time so I want to go a bit wild in there smile

furandchandeliers Wed 06-Jun-18 16:58:31

I'll put a pic of the room when I get a chance, there's also a mahogany grandfather clock and a record player.

Pippinfi Wed 06-Jun-18 17:01:20

I would say yes they would go together. I would get curtains/cushions for chairs in a midnight blue or other colour picked from the sideboard.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Wed 06-Jun-18 17:02:46

Yes. I love that sideboard.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Wed 06-Jun-18 17:03:14

Where is it from, btw?

FinallyHere Wed 06-Jun-18 17:04:51

It does seem that it really is only up to you, so what's the risk of trying it? Could you try living with it and see how it works for you? Could you afford to change it, if you don't like it after all? Could you live with it, if you don't love it?

Are you asking on a public forum because you feel that you need permission to decorate this room in a way that you really, really love, or because you are not sure?

furandchandeliers Wed 06-Jun-18 17:12:26

Because I don't t trust my own judgement grin and I don't allow myself to be very flamboyant when it comes to decor so when I dare to I feel like I need a second opinion.

It's from Etsy by a seller named chirpykitsch smile

Ivgotasecretcanyoukeepit Wed 06-Jun-18 17:22:13

Yes they will look fabulous together. I would paint the room a very dark blue/grey though.

furandchandeliers Thu 07-Jun-18 17:20:44

What about with f&b downpipe?

Maverick66 Thu 07-Jun-18 17:29:24

Love it!

Amiable Thu 07-Jun-18 17:37:08

Definite yes from me. You can also pick up other colours from the gorgeous sideboard in accents around the room, it gives you tons of potential and will be a fab focus point for the room. Love it!

Knittedfairies Thu 07-Jun-18 17:47:57

I love that you’re decorating a ‘wild’ room for your and your daughter!

furandchandeliers Mon 11-Jun-18 22:11:46

The chairs have come! Sideboard comes Wednesday.

I'm pleased with the chairs although the bookcases need sorting a little bit and I need to put those pics on the wall.

Cat seems happy with it grin

MissCherryCakeyBun Tue 12-Jun-18 07:45:56

Looks really lovely and is also cat approved so win win wine

amazonianwoman Tue 12-Jun-18 19:00:52

Lovely room, sideboard will look fab. What colour do you have on the walls?

bathildab Tue 12-Jun-18 19:33:18

Love your pics and choice of cushions - perfect!

furandchandeliers Tue 12-Jun-18 20:22:51

The colour on the walls is F&B Teresa's green but I might change it when the sideboard comes if it's too much green!

GinGeum Tue 12-Jun-18 20:26:46

I bloody love this room, OP. I’m mad about those Parker Knoll chairs, I’ve got them dotted all over the house.

MissCherryCakeyBun Wed 13-Jun-18 17:22:57

Wait to see sideboard photos 😍

furandchandeliers Thu 14-Jun-18 09:49:13

It's heresmile
I love it, but it's made me want to do about a hundred other things to the room now lol.

furandchandeliers Thu 14-Jun-18 09:50:03

Yes that's a tiny kitten hiding under there grin

MissCherryCakeyBun Thu 14-Jun-18 10:16:03

OP that's just amazing I love it....the kitten also superb too smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: