Advanced search

Home gym

(15 Posts)
Periae Mon 21-May-18 22:40:01

As anyone got a home gym?

bathildab Tue 22-May-18 22:25:49

What's your question OP?

Periae Wed 23-May-18 07:39:42

If you have a home gym, what equipment and where is it ?

Bluntness100 Wed 23-May-18 07:43:17

Where is my home gym? It's in an out building. I have a cross trainer, stationery bike, treadmill, rowing machine, weights bench and a lot of free weights.

Why?

Periae Sat 26-May-18 17:22:28

Because I’m thinking of putting one in our garage and was wandering what sort of equipment to buy and what was a waste of money

RJnomore1 Sat 26-May-18 17:26:24

It depends what you like doing and what you will use

I could do a full workout with a trx a medicine ball a mat and a couple of kettlebells.
You might want something completely different.

Periae Sat 26-May-18 17:30:16

Oh and also what type of flooring do I need to put down ? I’ve seen some foam type , click together tiles ?

Periae Sat 26-May-18 17:31:37

I’m just starting out really, so the basics to begin with.

RJnomore1 Sat 26-May-18 17:33:18

What do you enjoy?

The foam click stuff is good they use it in several gyms I go to.

Blingygolightly Sat 26-May-18 17:36:39

We have the same equipment as Bluntess. We also have a stepper machine - it's a mini one but very effective, and a Twist and Shape machine which works the abs. Ours is in our house though. Too lazy to go to an outbuilding.grin

Periae Sat 26-May-18 17:39:38

Thanks for your replies , I'll start looking around for treadmill and rowing machine.

Periae Sat 26-May-18 17:40:58

Oh and a mat and kettle bells seem a good idea .

Yokatsu Sat 26-May-18 17:50:28

I think you need to think about what you are actually intending to do and how much space you have. I don't have a home gym but I do have a barbell, a few dumbells and a step which I do with home videos.

Unless I was a runner I really wouldn't be starting with a treadmill. I'd go for a crosstrainer as it works everything, some (decent) barbell with weights (like Jordan studio weights) and dumbells. Then I'd add a rowing machine or stationary bike)

Maranello4 Sat 26-May-18 17:59:56

We've had various things over the years - a spin bike, water rower and an elliptical trainer. The spin bike was good for when we lived in a 3rd floor flat (we had it in the living room) but didn't really use it when we moved into a house. The water rower took up quite a bit of room but was good when we we used it in combination with the elliptical trainer. My hubby would go on one and me on the other and then swap etc so very motivating. We have our equipment in the garage which works okay for us. My husband bought a bench as well for when he does weights.

Periae Sat 26-May-18 22:31:36

Thanks . I'll go for a cross trainer first and see how I go .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: