Talk

Advanced search

What colour shall I paint my hall?

(6 Posts)
WhereIsBlueRabbit Sun 13-May-18 12:53:24

I would really welcome any help on this because DP is lovely but useless and has started to make very elaborate excuses when he sees me approaching him with colour charts.grin

The hall/landing has one upstairs window but none downstairs. So it's quite dark downstairs unless all the room doors are open and it's sunny, but quite light upstairs.

I think it's currently painted in F&B Strong White, which has not worn well so I want something harder wearing and also warmer. It has to look ok with a blue-grey carpet runner if possible as we'd prefer not to replace it.

I'm thinking a "warm white" - I like the look of Dulux Heritage colours (Alabaster White, DH White). But also considering a lemon yellow. Or should we be looking more at shades like Jasmine White, Dulux Timeless or Almond White?

Any thoughts before I start buying testers?!

OP’s posts: |
WhereIsBlueRabbit Sun 13-May-18 12:54:01

Also, how much would you think about "flow"? I feel like this matters in a hall but not sure where to start?

MissMarplesKnitting Sun 13-May-18 12:56:22

We have the crown hallway paint called 'come on in' which is a warm grey. It's gorgeous.

I'm contemplating painting a bedroom in it

WhereIsBlueRabbit Sun 13-May-18 14:39:55

Now that looks lovely! I was a bit put off when you said grey but it's very warm.

Did you find Crown paint OK to actually, er, paint with? I liked the colour of a different tester I bought but not how it went on the wall, and saw some bad reviews online.

beereyt Sun 13-May-18 22:48:28

We had jasmine white and loved it. So much so it's going into the hall in the new house we're moving to

HawkinsIndiana Mon 14-May-18 05:31:10

Also have Jasmine White. Love it and painted the whole house in it bar the kitchen.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in