Talk

Advanced search

Advice on dulux Greys please...... [Edited by MNHQ at OP's request]

(9 Posts)
ss2011 Sat 28-Apr-18 15:16:16

Hello
Can you help me find the right Dulux shades for our redecorating. In middle of a big extension/renovation project and every room in the house both new and old is being redecorated! Have north facing rooms at front which (including part of hallway) can be quite dark and lovely south facing bright rooms at the back. I am looking for a couple of dulux greys....one that would look good in the darker rooms and another for the lighter rooms ...but that also go together if that makes sense....and would also flow nicely with colours we want in other rooms. Or better still, a grey we could use throughout. I was wondering about dulux Egyptian cotton for the lounge, and then we like pebble shore and chic shadow too....but in the kitchen/diner we want a really light grey so they would not work for that. The bathroom and one or two of bedrooms we want a blue-grey colour so good if hallway was a grey that would flow nicely into these rooms. As you can tell....I am completely confused....can anyone help?

OP’s posts: |
wowfudge Sun 29-Apr-18 09:06:41

Pebble shore is a pale grey with little warmth to it. Egyptian Cotton is a putty colour - more brown or plaster coloured rather than grey. I think you may get more replies if you report your post and get the title corrected.

Retrofair Sun 29-Apr-18 10:05:55

I'm a big fan of Dulux Grey Steel 2. We have it in our north facing living room and its rich and warm.

LadyPenelopeCantDance Sun 29-Apr-18 10:08:18

For a really light grey I would recommend Dulux white mist. It is more white with a hint of grey. We used it though our whole house and always get compliments on it. I find Egyptian cotton has a bit of a brown beige tinge to it.

MissisBoote Sun 29-Apr-18 10:08:43

Polished pebble is lovely. We've just used it in a South facing room and it's a lovely soft light grey.

PipsM Sun 29-Apr-18 17:32:18

We have just painted our new loft conversion in goose down which looks amazing in bright light as well as on less bright days and at night. We tried loads of tester pots on lining paper and moved them around the room before getting the trade paint from the decorator centre. Good luck- there’s so many colours to choose from!!!

Joinourclub Sun 29-Apr-18 18:47:56

I second white mist and polished pebble. Also dusted moss. Eygyption cotton is too brown for me. It might be ok in very light rooms.

Gwiffif Sun 29-Apr-18 20:43:35

We are going to Goose Down which is a bluish grey in our hallway. It sits between polish pebble which is a subtle light grey and chic shadow which I found to be a darker almost purplish grey.

Mar15mite Thu 03-May-18 18:44:44

I have chic shadow in every room in my house (bar the kids rooms)😳 it looks different but still fan in them all and obviously still 'go together

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in