Talk

Advanced search

Large Buddha Statue

(7 Posts)
Astrabees Mon 12-Mar-18 13:08:12

DH and I are changing our old playroom ( really the defunct dining room) into a space for yoga and meditation. We would really like to get a good quality large seated Buddha statue to put on a low chest in the room. I can only find cheap plastic ones, small ones or ones that are black with mirror bits on them. I suspect a real antique one would be too expensive - has anyone got any ideas where we can find one?

Bluesheep8 Tue 13-Mar-18 12:56:29

TK Maxx or Homesense?

suckonthatmaureen Tue 13-Mar-18 16:07:43

Would second tk maxx or homesence, the latter had huge ones in last summer.
Also, a garden centre?

Astrabees Wed 14-Mar-18 10:44:38

Thank you, I will try Homesence and TX Maxx. We need it to be serious in design and tasteful, as opposed to just a decorative item.
The garden ones are not fine detail enough. DH says if it was exactly right it would be work investing in a genuine antique, but haven't seen any on display in ay shops we have visited.

TheClitterati Wed 14-Mar-18 20:59:06

Check out Opium, Kings Road.
The website will give you an idea, but she is likely to have other objects that aren't necessarily on the website. It's an amazing shop, new stock all the time.

http://www.opiumshop.co.uk/buddhas-13-c.asp

Astrabees Thu 15-Mar-18 15:33:11

TC, there are some lovely statues on that site, I will have to pop in when I'm in London next, thanks.

TheClitterati Fri 16-Mar-18 11:40:01

I don't know how up to date the website is - but the owner travels to India several times a year to buy for the shop.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: