Talk

Advanced search

IKEA Stocksund Sofa

(12 Posts)
Poppins2016 Sun 11-Mar-18 02:52:44

I'm looking for feedback regarding the IKEA Stocksund range...

We're looking at investing in new sofas but have a limited budget (unfortunately it turns out that I have expensive tastes when it comes to sofas). I love the look of Loaf, but we don't have the budget and they wouldn't be practical with a baby on the way!

I'm thinking of heading to IKEA in order to try out the Stocksund range, but won't bother if feedback here indicates that it's not worth it. I'm hoping for answers to the following questions:

How well do the sofas age?
How comfortable are the seat pads after a year or two?
Do the removable covers wash well?

www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/sofas-armchairs/fabric-sofas/stocksund-three-seat-sofa-nolhaga-grey-beige-black-wood-spr-29033811/

Mustang27 Sun 11-Mar-18 03:16:45

I haven't purchased that range but I do have the tidafors they haven't wore well and Iv just had to query under the 10 year guarantee which I think they do for all sofas, so that's pretty good customer service if they sort the issues with both mine.

They are comfy though. I do think ikeas quality has degraded over the years unfortunately.

My only thing about that sofa is do you lie out on them often? The arm rests look uncomfortable and wouldn't prop up a cushion very well. It does look nice.

Southwest12 Sun 11-Mar-18 17:13:55

I’ve got the Stocksund in the teal blue colour. It’s almost two years old, has worn well so far. I washed the seat covers last year and they came up really well, all the stains came out.

Poppins2016 Sun 11-Mar-18 19:47:02

Thanks both, seems as though it's worth a visit...

@Southwest12, have your cushions and covers maintained their original shape? A few reviews seem quite scathing, but others contradict and are positive... Not sure whether IKEA may have improved their manufacturing process for Stocksund (or the opposite, as per @Mustang27)?!

Southwest12 Mon 12-Mar-18 11:32:48

They have, even after I washed the covers they went back on fine.

I do lie flat on mine as well, I put a cushion against the armrest and it’s comdy.

Mustang27 Mon 12-Mar-18 22:06:17

Well if you can lay on it comfy with a big pillow I think it's actually a really lovely sofa aesthetically.

Let us know if you go for it.

ThisIsTheFirstStep Mon 12-Mar-18 22:13:44

Not the one you asked about but the Soderhamm is roughly the same price. We got it and LOVE it. Big enough for two adults, a child and a dog. It’s really wide so you can properly lounge about on it. The covers wash well too. There are loads of reviews online from people saying they love it.

I was worried it would be too big as we live in a tiny flat (we’re in Seoul, and tiny really means tiny here) but it fits in really well while still feeling massive.

We tried out all the sofas in Ikea about 20 times but it was by far the comfiest in my opinion.

Poppins2016 Tue 13-Mar-18 11:10:12

Thanks all, keep the feedback coming!

We're going to adventure to IKEA on Saturday (we don't have one local), to 'try before we buy'... Figure it's worth the trip after the feedback so far!

OhMrDarcy Tue 13-Mar-18 11:17:09

I've got one - haven't washed the covers yet as I think they said dry clean only? Must go and check.

SavoyCabbage Tue 13-Mar-18 11:20:12

Ikea sofas are good. We’ve an Ikea sofa and one from Sofa.com which cost three times as much and the Ikea one is better. I wash the covers often and it’s always been fine.

SueGeneris Tue 13-Mar-18 11:22:13

We have it in dark grey. We've only had it since December but it's very comfortable and I really like it. I find the arm just right for sitting upright with legs stretched out.

oxcat1 Wed 14-Mar-18 20:34:48

Perhaps have a look at www.sofasofa.co.uk. All handmade in Wales, and with a 2 yr warranty/5 year guarantee.

I have exactly the same - expensive! - taste as you, and ended up ordering the Positano, because of the loose covers. It's a great sofa, and they were very helpful. I wish I had gone for something slightly 'squishier', but I can only say good things about the company.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: