Talk

Advanced search

What colour can I add to my kitchen?

(8 Posts)
LinkyPlease Tue 27-Feb-18 20:21:19

I'm trying to add some colour to Mt kitchen fairly easily and quickly. Cheaply too if poss.

I want to tile between my worktop and the bottom of my wall units, and possibly paint somewhere too.

Pics attached.

First two are similar kitchens colour wise from the company who did mine. So you can see the wood colour, door style, and worktop type.

I might add some pics of my own super messy kitchen too (it does get tidied sometimes honest!)

Any thoughts very much appreciated

OP’s posts: |
Mixingitall Tue 27-Feb-18 20:24:58

What do you have at the window? Can you have a coloured Roman blind? I have le creuset and it’s all in cream, purple and green and brightens up my dull kitchen. I also have alessi accessories from John Lewis that add some fun. How about painted wooden stools or stools with coloured upholstery? Any colour would go.

LinkyPlease Tue 27-Feb-18 20:27:13

And my actual hovel

PickAChew Tue 27-Feb-18 20:29:46

You know, I love colour but I don't think coloured tiles would look right with that style of kitchen as they are very dark, already. Probably better to do what has been done in one of the pics and have a few accessories and utensils of a particular colour.

Mixingitall Tue 27-Feb-18 20:32:29

What colour would you paint the wall? Is it a bright room in the day time, which direction does it face and what colour is the hallway or rooms that it leads from/to?

Wall paint is defiantly the quickest cheapest way. You could paint your dining chairs with chalk paint?

PickAChew Tue 27-Feb-18 20:33:35

Why not stick with white tiles and try to run with the green you already have dotted about?

LinkyPlease Tue 27-Feb-18 20:33:45

That's the wrong answer pickachew sad

We want to tile for practical reasons, and it's grubby so cos so with a paint anyway, so I'm keen to use these to brighten the place up!

I do want to change the curtain so that might have an impact. Please let me add coloured tiles!

Samewitches Tue 27-Feb-18 20:56:34

What's your favourite colour? I'd probably go with dark tiles (the glittery ones to add a bit of sparkle but I'm tacky like that) and then choose 2 or 3 colours and accessorise with those. So get a home for everything that's out at the moment on your sides and go for coloured chopping board/ breadbin/ washing up stuff holder. Then follow that scheme through on the other side of the room with your curtains and tablecloth and a nice rug by the door. I'd get a bigger toy storage like the Ikea Kallax and have the boxes in the same colours, also keep the wall by the dining area clear with maybe one big bright picture. It depends how bright it is in there in the daytime but my kitchen is very rarely lit by the overhead lights unless I'm actually cooking, then I switch on several lamps so it's less harshly lit, makes it a bit cozier. You could put flowers out on the table to match your brightening up colours too.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in