Talk

Advanced search

Master bedroom inspiration

(8 Posts)
magicalmimi Thu 15-Feb-18 17:59:24

Would love to see any master bedrooms for some inspiration. We have a new loft conversion so a total blank canvas, which whilst fantastic, had left me a bit lost. This is the en-suite so far. So fairly traditional in style. I am also the only woman in a male dominated house so fancy something a bit feminine?!

OP’s posts: |
Bluesheep8 Thu 15-Feb-18 18:08:23

Love the ensuite! What sort of sanitaryware are you having in there? I would perhaps think about toning the wall colour in with the ensuite walls, in a slightly lighter tone, what sort if furniture do you already have for the bedroom? I think some art deck style accessories would tie in really nicely with that floor-eh mirrors with a mirrored frame iyswim. You should have a look at some of kelly hopoen's work as she always loves to use neutrals, specifically taupe with small elements of black-exactly as you have in the pic!

Bluesheep8 Thu 15-Feb-18 18:09:33

Sorry I assumed that was the wall colour! What colour will the walks be? blush

Bluesheep8 Thu 15-Feb-18 18:09:58

WALLS! damn phone.

Bluesheep8 Thu 15-Feb-18 18:10:48

That's art deco and Kelly hoppen!!

magicalmimi Thu 15-Feb-18 18:16:23

@bluesheep8 This is the sink unit and was going to go light grey in the bathroom walls.

As for the bedroom, only thing I have so far is this bed

Bluesheep8 Thu 15-Feb-18 19:16:32

Ok magic,I'm thinking types of grey now! I might be tempted to still have tonal shades, maybe darker in the bathroom (e.g. dulux chic shadow) and then one tone lighter in the bedroom (dulux polished pebble) with lots of silvery accessories. and mirrors, even mirrored bedside tables If you like them, or white If not. If you want a touch more femininity, peignoir by farrow and ball is beautiful (kind of a very faded/dirty pinky grey-looks a lot nicer than it sounds!!) It's very easy to get shades copied if you don't want to pay for f and b paint....

magicalmimi Thu 15-Feb-18 21:58:02

Thanks Blue, I’ll have a look at those colours! smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in